No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather vs. Guerrero is Close To Done For May 4th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
    Real question is at what weight. I seen a video where the ghost said he'll move up to 154 .
    It says 147, Guerrero would say or do anything to get his opportunity at Mayweather, so believe him if he said he would go to 154.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoldSugar View Post
      I like Floyd but will be rooting for Guerrero. This is a good fight for the hardcore fan but not really casually appealing.

This is really a villain vs the good guy type of fight. They will be pushing Guerrero's wife's cancer battle HARD in the 24/7 and make a lot of people really want Guerrero to win for his family and to take Floyd's 0 IMO
      That's sad if they got to keep pushing and promoting his wife's cancer scare. That book in Guerrera's life has been closed along time ago.

Comment

• Why Floyd? You prob have a few good fights left in you and you make this one. The least excited I've ever been for a Mayweather event.

Comment

• What a laim fight, but the face off on HBO will be classic if its on HBO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            Not like I wasnt expecting it, not much choice out there, Khan messed his payday up, Canelo would be served up in September, Bradley is with Arum, Martinez is at 160, Williams is paralysed, Trout only had one significant fight, who else? This is actually depressing right now, can't wait for him to be done with boxing and go so we can see this level playing field that is needed in boxing.
            If Marquez can fight Mayweather at 147, why can't Mayweather fight Martinez at 160?

Comment

• fight does nothing for floyd's legacy at all....

Comment

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                WOW! A top 3 ranked WW, 6 time, 4 division Champion, and one of the hottest fighters right now in any division is considered a cherry pick!

Just goes to show how good some think Floyd really is.
                Exactly. The won't give the man a break. For a fighter who's hasn't fought since last summer to come back and fight ANOTHER top 3 ranked WW is commendable.

There's not many options left for Floyd honestly. He beats Guerrero, then he can set the fight up with either Canelo ($$$) or Martinez (legacy) and call it a day. No sense in waiting on the jr WW's to move up or waiting around for some young buck with no name to come in and beat him. Two more fights then hang em up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                  WOW! A top 3 ranked WW, 6 time, 4 division Champion, and one of the hottest fighters right now in any division is considered a cherry pick!

Just goes to show how good some think Floyd really is.
                  This^^^^^^^

Comment

• Originally posted by Sin City View Post
                    that seems like a stretch.. I've heard plenty of supposed Mayweather plans like this before and they never happened.
                    Fair enough. However Alvarez is the only one who can **** this up. If he declines to fight Trout then it looks bad when Floyd fights Alvarez because we know he will, it’s just a matter of when and what did Alvarez do previously. Right now, nothing great and is only a money fight.

With a Trout win (not assuming he would win but just saying), would make a huge difference in the build up to Mayweather vs Alvarez which is now the biggest money making fight since Pac is no longer in the running next year (or IMO never has, at least not until it is Pac's very last fight).

Comment

• Originally posted by Sin City View Post
                      If Marquez can fight Mayweather at 147, why can't Mayweather fight Martinez at 160?
                      I would love to see the fight at 160 because at 154 Martinez would be drained but as the name fighter I don't see Mayweather going to 160 to face Martinez, just like how I don't expect to see JMM a more famous name go to 154 to fight someone like Trout.

Comment

Working...
                      X