• Time
  • Show
Clear All

i agree he was...

Comment

oops i thought you said calazaghe was a tool... nevermind

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
        They actually record that as 12 punches thrown...

I mean honestly, there is one actual punch in there.
        yes indeed. 12 punches thrown and prob like 5 landed according to our lord and savior compubox. when in reality hopkins was the only one who landed there. the story of the fight but i guess some people like making up their own stories.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
          believe me my man, he deserves it. and yea he is the quintessential definition of a flomo thing that you keep hearing about...
          at you completely missing the point he was making.

He was criticizing Floyd from what I can see.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            Calzaghe threw 700+ punches to B-Hop's 468, Calzaghe also landed at a higher rate. JC even had time to simulate buggery on the executioner amongst the festivities, so no, I personally don't think he was particularly slowed down (Cortez allowing 'Hop to hang on and fake low-blows was the only thing that slowed him down).

Regarding Ward, much depends on the reffing. Forced to fight on the outside, I think Calzaghe is the superior pure boxer. If Ward has license to maul on the inside, then he probably takes it over 12.
            700 + punches and you cant win a fight properly agaisnt a 40something, thats a sign of abject failure, tbh. Thats not far off putting a championship rower in the ring, who can flail all night with his arms but never hit anything.

Calzaghe won on the cards by a whisker but theres no doubt nearly all of his output were touches, not punches. The only reason Bernard didnt win is his lack of activity in the 2nd half of the fight, not for anything that Calzaghe did.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
              says it all.

Comment

none of us would, apart form the fat old ref in the GIF in the post above, who has an apparent iron chin taking Joe's best shot like it was a fly -

Originally posted by taansend View Post

As for the people calling him 'slappy', I guarantee none of you would last a round with him, even today.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                  700 + punches and you cant win a fight properly agaisnt a 40something, thats a sign of abject failure, tbh. Thats not far off putting a championship rower in the ring, who can flail all night with his arms but never hit anything.

Calzaghe won on the cards by a whisker but theres no doubt nearly all of his output were touches, not punches. The only reason Bernard didnt win is his lack of activity in the 2nd half of the fight, not for anything that Calzaghe did.
                  the only reason he didn't win was because it was rigged. the judges were giving rounds like 2 and 3 to calzaghe when he didn't land anything clean and was dominated. it was fixed from the start. nothing besides a ko for hopkins wins it for him.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                    none of us would, apart form the fat old ref in the GIF in the post above, who has an apparent iron chin taking Joe's best shot like it was a fly -
                    you are right. none of us would last a round.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      you are right. none of us would last a round.

What stupidity. Rare indeed.

Comment

Working...
                      X