Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd vs Chavez Jr at 160 next year. This should happen. Will you wanna see it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ya.......no

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
      percentages brah u suck at math.

Poochiao had a weight drain clause too. Floyd can fight chavez but he must weigh in at 156. It can be for a vacant middleweight title. Bob Arum style.
      huh? this is a fantasy matchup quite obviously as far as I'm concerned we all know this fight would never happen. My comments still stand.

Comment

I don't want to see this. Chavez Jr. would come in at cruiserweight and Floyd doesn't have the power to make Chavez gunshy like Martinez did.

Nor does he seem to have the movement, anymore.

It would be a shame to see an ATG lose to an average fighter solely due to weight. I think Mayweather has a chance but that's just because of how bad Chavez is. For the first few rounds Chavez would miss everything he threw, if he didn't gas out from that, he'd beat Mayweather up.

And you KNOW Chavez isn't taking the test, or taking a lower cut.

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
        huh? this is a fantasy matchup quite obviously as far as I'm concerned we all know this fight would never happen. My comments still stand.
        A 100 pound fighter fighting a 200 pound fighter gives up twice his weight.

A 200 pound fighter fighting a 300 pound fighter gives up half his weight.

That's why the weight-classes have bigger gaps as you go up in weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post

A 100 pound fighter fighting a 200 pound fighter gives up twice his weight.

A 200 pound fighter fighting a 300 pound fighter gives up half his weight.

That's why the weight-classes have bigger gaps as you go up in weight.
          Yes I understand this. I also understand David Haye for example out-boxed a man 100 pounds heavier then him.

If the big man is not very good, slow and lacks technical skills, I don't see why the smaller man can't out box him. In fact, it's happened numerous times all throughout history.

Comment

Yes I understand this. I also understand David Haye for example out-boxed a man 100 pounds heavier then him.

If the big man is not very good, slow and lacks technical skills, I don't see why the smaller man can't out box him. In fact, it's happened numerous times all throughout history.
            I give Mayweather a chance, but he'd fighting a HUGE pressure fighter who had the best middleweight almost knocked out (albeit, because Sergio got macho with him)

Could be a recipe for disaster when you consider Mayweather is getting on in age too.

And **** Chavez, don't want to see him with a win over Mayweather.

Comment

Why not two big names and nothin like having big fight parties getting drunkkkkkk at the crib. Not possible tho Chavez jr is too damn big

Comment

i wanna see it..aint no way floyd survives this one ..chavez would just walk through his punches and swing away..it'd be like a lawn mower to a tall grass

Comment

Look man floyd is FAR more superior in terms of boxing skills. But you have to understand that chavez is just not some bum off the street. He is still a good pro that has only 1 loss against the best MW in the world. He also has one of the best chins in the game and a decent infighting game. Floyd's punches would have no effect on chavez at all.

Comment

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
                    Look man floyd is FAR more superior in terms of boxing skills. But you have to understand that chavez is just not some bum off the street. He is still a good pro that has only 1 loss against the best MW in the world. He also has one of the best chins in the game and a decent infighting game. Floyd's punches would have no effect on chavez at all.
                    You're giving chavez to much credit here. He's an alright fighter. He really isn't that good.

Comment

You're giving chavez to much credit here. He's an alright fighter. He really isn't that good.
                      Against a WW he would look like a monster walking thru every shot. Chavez is a limited fighter but you cant deny his iron chin and toughness also you seem to think that floyd is some God. Chavez style and size would be too much for any WW period.

The guy is barely making 160 FFS and rehydrates close to 190.
                      Last edited by TRTboy; 12-21-2012, 12:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X