Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxrec has Floyd vs Guerro listed already.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ill stream it... but i usually buy floyd fights...The ghost has a boring style, a boring personality, and when he called floyd out after the berto fight, it was the corniest thing i've ever heard. I hope he gets the fight so floyd can beat the crap out of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Julious_cesar View Post
      I posted on a couple threads this morning that Floyd was fighting Guerrero , and Canelo is fighting Angulo, I would have made a trhead of my own but last time I tried didnt let me.
      I had a feeling canelo would be fighting angulo as well... Thats a good fight IMO.
      good style match up, and angulo is tough enough to test canelo.

Comment

Doesn't matter if it's Canelo/Guerrero, the outcome will be the same. Guerrero deserves the shot more, so I'm cool with the match-up.

Comment

My logic on this has always been that the layoff, jail, and other backstory would help a Ghost PPV in May since he is much lesser known. It's just that it's going to get the ultimate "WHO??" reaction from people and it seems weird for a Mayweather type event. But, for some reason seems like Robert is on Floyd's short list regardless. I guess if he beats Canelo first, Guerrero becomes a smaller fight in September. Slowly promoting Floyd-Canelo for the remainder of the year would make both events reach their max earning potential. Boxing wise, I don't think Robert is an easy opponent and since we know he will go all out, it will be fun to see Floyd go off. i think it will be an action fight

I don't really have any problem with the fight because Robert has earned it, he's prime, and I think the styles match up well. It isn't the mega event you'd expect even coming off the Cotto fight. Oscar says he plans on putting on 4 solid fights on the boxing holiday, so if it means a lesser name but known quantity in Ghost, then fine with me. He's not a scrub, he's put in work for years, and he has multiple ways he can fight Floyd. Unless he's gonna take a dive or something he should put it all on the line and make it a worthy fight once its all said and done.
          Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 12-20-2012, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Riggsy Pooh View Post
            ill stream it... but i usually buy floyd fights...The ghost has a boring style, a boring personality, and when he called floyd out after the berto fight, it was the corniest thing i've ever heard. I hope he gets the fight so floyd can beat the crap out of him.
            Boring style? Was Guerreros last fight vs berto boring to you? He fought like a possessed maniac . Of course Floyd will beat his asss but at least he will make it entertaining

Comment

Originally posted by Riggsy Pooh View Post
              I had a feeling canelo would be fighting angulo as well... Thats a good fight IMO.
              good style match up, and angulo is tough enough to test canelo.
              Yeah bro Angulo real strong and if he hits Canelo clean anything can happen,but I guess they see Angulo as too slow , not much technical skills, flat footed, bad defense. So they think Canelo can overcome him and look good and say he beat a dangerous guy. But to go from Angulo and fighting mayweather later horrible style difference lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Lovci View Post
                They did something similar in the past that was false.

Floyd is fighting Canelo. Count on it.
                Not in may. gbp is gonna try to build up floyd vs canelo by putting them vs different opponents in may.

floyd vs guerrero
                Canelo vs ???

Then in september we'll get floyd vs canelo. like floyd mayweather said himself, you need atleast 6 months to properly promote a major ppv.

Comment

What an absolutely crap fight, I ****ing knew this would happen.

Comment

The boxing gods have answered our prayers.

Marquez KO'd Pacquaio, Marquez is gonna retire, Nonito retired Arce, Chavez jr is gonna retire Martinez in september, Guerrero gonna retire Mayweather.

Bout time get all these old fucks out of the way and let these young bucks fight for that mythical King of Boxing spot.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealNess View Post
                      The boxing gods have answered our prayers.

Marquez KO'd Pacquaio, Marquez is gonna retire, Nonito retired Arce, Chavez jr is gonna retire Martinez in september, Guerrero gonna retire Mayweather.

Bout time get all these old fucks out of the way and let these young bucks fight for that mythical King of Boxing spot.

Comment

Working...
                      X