Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Psychologically, KO Will Haunt Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont see why pacquiao cant recover from this.

it wasnt as if he was looking horrible and getting dominated before he got put out cold.

he's still relatively young, looked great in his last fight despite the knockdown and knockout.

If that 5th fight ever happens, i see pac going lennox lewis on juan manuel rachman.

Comment

Originally posted by Welter_Skelter View Post
      Wow!!!.. That is fantastic.. I bow to your psychic powers. Can you also gaze into your crystal ball and give me 6 numbers between 1-49? I could really use the money.

Cheers!!
      Why are you acting like Manny is a damn robot? When someone gets knocked out cold and has a concussion like Manny, they will never be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
        Not every fighter has a mental meltdown due to a KO loss. Oscar is projecting his feelings after his beating on to Pacquiao. The fact is, they are not the same fighter.
        Oscar knows he was drained that makes the loss sit ok in his mind , its when your at your best with a weight advantage like Manny was and then KOed , your brain has no answer as to why it happened , if you go into a fight and you know you have things not right its not the same mental loss as it is when your flattened at your best .

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
          Oscar knows he was drained that makes the loss sit ok in his mind , its when your at your best with a weight advantage like Manny was and then KOed , your brain has no answer as to why it happened , if you go into a fight and you know you have things not right its not the same mental loss as it is when your flattened at your best .
          what a stupid ****ing post.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
            what a stupid ****ing post.
            I,ll repeat it again for you .

If your at your best and you think your going to KO your opponent and you get flattened , that is a bigger mental hit than Oscars case with Manny because Oscar was 145 and needed IV fluids he was dead man walking and knows why he lost , Freddie Roach said it wont go 3 rounds on hearing about the drip , you think Oscar didnt know he is nowhere near his best lol , its a lot of difference mentally in the two losses .

Now do you get it dumbo ?

Comment

one thing for sure is I hope Pac gets off his high horse and becomes hungry again. Seems like after the Margarito fight his hunger died down and didnt have anything else to prove(except a floyd fight)

Comment

Originally posted by KaL-EL View Post
                one thing for sure is I hope Pac gets off his high horse and becomes hungry again. Seems like after the Margarito fight his hunger died down and didnt have anything else to prove(except a floyd fight)
                Seems like the hunger was only in CW fights , funny that eh !

Comment

Duran is a bad example. He didn't get knocked unconscious.

Comment

Originally posted by beatnutts View Post
                    Why are you acting like Manny is a damn robot? When someone gets knocked out cold and has a concussion like Manny, they will never be the same.
                    That's funny.. My is post simply said it could go either way and that some fighters have recovered in the past. I then gave two examples to back up my claim that it is possible.

Rather than put words in my mouth.. Why don't you ask why you think you are a doctor or that you have scanned Pac's brain and are also a master psychologist with all the answers to the questions that plague humanity.

It's like you clowns can't handle objectivity and that there is only ever one possibility.. Your own.

Grow up..

Comment

He will get over it physically before he does psychologically, considering where Manny is at in terms of his career and where he has been it is tough to see him coming back being close to what he was. Plus his whole greatness is all about his athleticism really that was already getting worse but if he has to think more that will slow him down even a tick more which will make him even more vulnerable.

Sure some guys can get better off of knockouts usually those guys are young or at the middle of their runs, but when you look at Manny's whole picture a guy essentially at the end guys don't normally come back and get close to their best once they get wrecked.

Comment

Working...
                      X