No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Psychologically, KO Will Haunt Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jbpanama View Post
    I've watched it numerous times, and your discounting Pac's Acting Talent!!!
    LOL. Ok then.

Comment

If pac gets over his first fight back, he'll be ok.

I don't doubt for one sec that his mind is stronger than someone like Hatton. I believe a boxer carries every single one of his fights into the ring so the loss will definitely be something he will be mindful of, but I doubt it will significantly affect his style.

Paul Williams was more or less the same after the big KO and he was saying a lot of the same things Pac has been saying recently. The big Q is whether or not he even gets back in the ring that first time. If he does, and wins, he'll be back to his same dynamic ways.

What will be affected though, as Hectari already pointed out, is his punch resistance. That, and the fact that every opponent now knows what can be done to him. I can imagine a lot of fighters now refusing to fold up, hoping to land a perfect counter in the later rounds.

Comment

I look at it this way. People have been talking about Manny on the decline for several fights now. Roach has gone so far as to say (before this fight mind you) that he was watching Manny closely in training to see if he still had it. He said he would advise him to retire if he didnt. Yeah Manny was stopped when he was a young, probably under-trained and malnourished kid, but not after years of being at or near the top of the sport and hearing nothing but praise about how he is the greatest ever, and seeing all of the money and fame he has and seeing it bring him to become a congressmen and someone who will run for President one day. He isnt hungry anymore, and even if he was his reflexes are slipping badly. People are remembering the one punch ko, but forgetting that Marquez also dropped him earlier in the fight. How long has it been since Manny was dropped and now all the sudden he is dropped clean twice? With one of those knocking him out cold? For years Manny had the confidence of a man who seemed to truly believe that God wanted him to win everything, thus making him above reproach. Now, he has two loses in a row, was dropped twice and knocked out cold, and has already been hearing about how he is on the decline and doesn't have much left in him. How does that man make a recovery at his age? He isnt a young man considering the wars he has had, and now his chin is cracked. I can think of ZERO fighters in their 30's who were on the slide and knocked out cold with one punch who was able to come back and be close to the same. In fact, most became gun shy fighters with eggshell chins who ended up getting knocked out again before long. Manny coming back and doing well would be great for the sport, but they had better do everything possible to keep him away from ANYONE with a punch. Once that chin is shattered it never goes back. Especially in your 30's. Do people really want to see a guy like Bradley or Rios potentially stop him just because his chin and confidence are gone? I know I dont.

Comment

So What Oscar Is Saying Is...

... Oscar is still haunted by the one punch liver shot Bernard Hopkins stopped him with, or the 1,000 bombs Pacquiao peppered him with. So that explains Oscars psychology expertise.

Comment

It can go both ways.. Some get weaker some get stronger. There are also plenty of examples of fighters becoming better after KO's .. Lewis and Wlad quickly come to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Welter_Skelter View Post
              It can go both ways.. Some get weaker some get stronger. There are also plenty of examples of fighters becoming better after KO's .. Lewis and Wlad quickly come to mind.
              They were not put to sleep, Pac was out cold. He will never be the same

Comment

What Oscar says isn't an insult, its just the truth. Rarely do boxers that get knocked out cold for over a minute come back strong. And it has nothing to do with Manny being a wuss or anything like that. It has more to do with his damn brain bouncing against his skull.

Comment

Some saying look at his smile afterwards and what he said but cant we put that in the JuanMa argument, that so many ran with, that he was punch drunk and didnt know what he was saying or how serious it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                    They were not put to sleep, Pac was out cold. He will never be the same
                    Wow!!!.. That is fantastic.. I bow to your psychic powers. Can you also gaze into your crystal ball and give me 6 numbers between 1-49? I could really use the money.

Cheers!!

Comment

Originally posted by Welter_Skelter View Post
                      Wow!!!.. That is fantastic.. I bow to your psychic powers. Can you also gaze into your crystal ball and give me 6 numbers between 1-49? I could really use the money.

Cheers!!
                      Dont get all butthurt cause Pac was sleeping on the canvas and for some reason you forgot about it. Mentioning guys that werent even close to this argument in terms of their KO's. SMH

Comment

Working...
                      X