No announcement yet.

Prime Hatton Vs The following

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    I'm not sure about that, Rios has only fought once at 140 and tends to wear guys down from an accumulation. Hatton stopped many durable guys to both head & body with one shot.
    Hatton had some serious firepower at 140.

I don't think Hatton has much trouble stopping Rios tbh who I think would probably be too brave for his own good.
    The only one shot Ko's i can remember from HAtton were Maussa and Castillo, Maussa he literally threw his whole body into, and Castillo was shot to **** (even though it was a great punch). Other than that you have to go to before Kostya to see the one punch ko's and even then most of the durable guys (Tackie, Phillips etc) he beat on points with his superior boxing.

I havent got much of leg to stand on to be honest because Rios is a prospect atm, and hasnt been tested as much yet. So im just going with what im seeing. Imo this is a 50/50 fight, i dont see hatton hurting him as much as people are saying. He could outbox him with faster hand/feet, and smother him on the inside yes, but Rios definitely hurt him back and his tendency to get cut could come into play.

Comment

Hatton was a tough guy no doubt about it, but overrated in terms of the people he fought bar Pac and Floyd who showed him up

His wins over two great fighters were because they were shot to pieces, Hatton was exposed soon as he stepped up against someone young and countering ability/power

He would have walked straight into a Gracia hook, noway would he be able to take those hooks with his zero defense and lack of head movement, walking in straight lines

Lucas would have did what Pac did to Hatton

Rois i think would have got him, but he wouldbe in with a shot

Hatton style wasnt made for power punchers, he came at boxers in straight lines and was a KO waiting to happen.

A good B level boxer, that people look back fondly and favorably

Comment

He was a spoiler and a guy who at his best could give all three of them fits and beat them, you don't prepare to fight a man like Ricky Hatton because he does almost everything wrong, he wasn't the most polished boxer but hes being under-rated a bit.

Comment

I would pick Hatton over all three..I would give Matts the best shot at beating Hatton based on his style and the fact he is not just a brawler..

Comment

I see Hatton winning those fights or making each one close. He used to put so much pressure on guys at 140 and he knew how to make it a rough fight (holding/hitting)

But a prime Hatton vs Rios fight @140 would be a war

Comment

Working...
            X