No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach on Pacquiao's Loss, Retirement, Ring Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sapo1 View Post
    YES AND IF YOU READ WHAT I WROTE!!!!! I said oscar and mosley ducked mayweather when mayweather was comming up!!! nobody wanted to fight mayweather when he was comming up!!!!! there is a video from 2005 showing mayweather calling them both out but they avoided him even before that!!!

that being said **** mayweather DO WHAT EVER YOU WANT WITH HIM!!!!!!

im a Marquez fan!!! this MEXICAN BOXING!!!!
    I agree somewhat with your comments that doesn't concern Pac. But the other comments concerning Pac i think are wrong and you're just hating on him. I don't care if you hate Pac but i think anyone who acts like Pac hasn't achieved greatness is an idiot.

To me JMM is the greatest Mexican boxer of all time and one of the greatest technicians ever.

Comment

Originally posted by JKidd2624 View Post
      Pretty much exactly what I seen. Manny was fighting a great fight, he had that fire back to really beat up JMM, and in his haste, literally jumped into one.

It will be VERY interesting to see how he comes back after this though. Does he keep that kind of fire going, or does he revert back to the style of how he looked against Mosley and Timmy?

Comments like this takes away credit from Marquez ability as a counter puncher!

Comment

Originally posted by MakeItRain View Post
        Could it be that PAC looked his best because Marquez was just waiting for that one punch.
        I think this was the case. Marquez knew he had to take some damage to open Pacquiao open by making him feel confident. He could have easily countered punched Manny and stayed careful like the 3rd fight but he went in there on a mission. Funny how people say Manny almost TKO'd Marquez but Marquez KO'd Pacquiao with 1 second left. If Pacquiao didn't get knocked out then JMM would have made it to the bell and then the fight would have continued. Manny didn't even hop in but rather skipped towards JMM twice with a fake jab flicker. He was wide open.

Comment

Originally posted by beatnutts View Post
          How can you say that some don't know boxing but then spew BS out of your mouth? you can say Mayweather hasn't fought someone in their prime for more than 6 years also. Your dislike of Pac is messing with your mind.
          I gave you green for your last post on this thread but I don't think it is false what he is saying about Pacquiao. Honestly, at WW. Who did Manny fight that was worthy of being called a "prime" fighter? Or someone regarded highly? Cotto was his best win at the weight and prior Cotto was in wars and still froze up from Margarito then busted up from Clottey not to mention it was at 145.

I thought Cotto had a shot because of his strength and size but Manny beat him down and more power to him for the win but Mayweather has fought better guys at WW than Pacquiao.

Pacquiao dipped Mosley after Margarito. Fought Clottey instead of Mayweather? He got a debatable decision against a Light Weight at WW, a controversial loss to Bradley who had two bad feet. Then he got KO'd in the 6th round against a Light Weight that arguably beat him before at WW. Floyd played with JMM.

Before anyone says JMM was new and improved because he bulked up should be smart enough to know that any version of JMM would be a problem for Manny. 12 years, 3 weight classes and 4 fights proves that. Mosley at the time was a better win for Floyd then Clottey and Cotto because Mosley smashed Margarito who owned Cotto.

A prime Cotto just beat a not so primed Mosley. Pacquiao wanted nothing to do with Shane and if Pacquiao would have fought Shane then that would have been his best win at WW hands down because Shane was the man to beat at WW.
          Last edited by GRUSTLER; 12-20-2012, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
            I gave you green for your last post on this thread but I don't think it is false what he is saying about Pacquiao. Honestly, at WW. Who did Manny fight that was worthy of being called a "prime" fighter? Or someone regarded highly? Cotto was his best win at the weight and prior Cotto was in wars and still froze up from Margarito then busted up from Clottey not to mention it was at 145.

I thought Cotto had a shot because of his strength and size but Manny beat him down and more power to him for the win but Mayweather has fought better guys at WW than Pacquiao.

Pacquiao dipped Mosley after Margarito. Fought Clottey instead of Mayweather? He got a debatable decision against a Light Weight at WW, a controversial loss to Bradley who had two bad feet. Then he got KO'd in the 6th round against a Light Weight that arguably beat him before at WW. Floyd played with JMM.

Before anyone says JMM was new and improved because he bulked up should be smart enough to know that any version of JMM would be a problem for Manny. 12 years, 3 weight classes and 4 fights proves that. Mosley at the time was a better win for Floyd then Clottey and Cotto because Mosley smashed Margarito who owned Cotto.

A prime Cotto just beat a not so primed Mosley. Pacquiao wanted nothing to do with Shane and if Pacquiao would have fought Shane then that would have been his best win at WW hands down because Shane was the man to beat at WW.
            His best win at WW was Cotto easily. And that was and is an excellent win. The rest of his WW resume is extremely underwhelming. Downright mediocre.

Comment

Pac was in a war and walked into a big shot, simple as that
              he's got nothing left to prove, it's time for him to go
              Pac hasn't been a real fighter for 2 yrs now
              Marquez was his last stand, he's used whatever fight was left in him
              if he comes back he'll get beat again

Comment

name a legit prime hall of famer that floyd beat?

ill wait. thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by beatnutts View Post
                  Oscar was not in his prime and Mosley wasn't either. Oscar was at his best when people like Quartey and Tito was around. Mosley was at his best when he was at 135 and 140 and when he fought Oscar the first time.
                  Ummmm Mosley never fought at 140 and at 135. Mayweather wanted Shane when he was at 130 but Shane moved up to 147 to fight Oscar. Mayweather moved up chasing a fight with both of them for years. That's why Floyd left Top Rank because Arum didn't want to make the Oscar fight.

Comment

Ummmm Mosley never fought at 140 and at 135. Mayweather wanted Shane when he was at 130 but Shane moved up to 147 to fight Oscar. Mayweather moved up chasing a fight with both of them for years. That's why Floyd left Top Rank because Arum didn't want to make the Oscar fight.
                    Shane was at 135 when Floyd was calling him out.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
                      name a legit prime hall of famer that floyd beat?

ill wait. thanks in advance.
                      Doesn't matter who I name because at WW Floyd fought the better more primed fighters. He became Lineal champion of the WW division once and beat Shane Mosley who was ranked #1 at the time Floyd beat right before Manny ducked him. Also, Mayweather run at Jr Lightweight and Lightweight is more impressive than Manny. I think he goes down as one of the best Jr Light Weights. Pacquiao hasn't even fought a #1 ranked fighter in WW AT ALL or even a top 3. Not sure where Cotto was at the time but Floyd run at WW is more impressive than Manny's. You don't have to agree but that's how I feel. Pacquiao got KO'd by a LW at WW?

Come on fam. Pacquiao fought everyone when they were losing or on the decline Cotto, (tough fight with Clottey arguable lost), Joshua Clottey (Lost to Cotto), Shane Mosley (Loss to Mayweather, draw with Mora, ducked by Pac after Margarito). JMM (debatable win), Bradley (loss by controversial decision), JMM 4th (knocked out by same LW that he arguable lost to prior). Who has Manny Pacquiao beat at "WW"? What makes his run there more impressive than Mayweather? I don't want to make this about Mayweather but damn. It seems like everyone keep bringing dude up like he is the one who knocked Manny out. All props and praise due to Juan Manuel Marquez.

Comment

Working...
                      X