No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch-Kessler Rematch Close, $2 Million Going To Both

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
    I was responding to a post specificily asking how much money Kessler and Froch were making at 28, nobody has said that because Kessler made/makes more money than Ward it means he's the better fighter.
    I was not responding to your post, there were a couple before it that seemed to be implying it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
      I was not responding to your post, there were a couple before it that seemed to be implying it.
      I think the suggestion is more that Kessler is the bigger draw, the bigger name and the more popular fighter....hence he get's paid much more than Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
        Ahh yes, the ol David Haye and Amir Khan argument.

How much money you make determines how good you are, not your wins and losses in the ring.
        I don't think that's why the point was made. I suspect it was more alluding to the notion that Ward can make more money by fighting Kessler and Froch in Europe or at very least cannot claim the rematches* would make more in the US.

* Before anyone claims there should be no rematches, it's Ward himself who is inviting offers.

Comment

Kessler and Froch are more exciting fighters and draw bigger crowds than Ward, hence they earn the bigger pay check.

Comment

Kessler will make Froch cry again...I just wish Kessler would add a little bit of waist/head movement on his way out, thats where people usually catch him, when he goes straight out with his head centered.....

Comment

Kessler definitely won last time but it was only a couple of rounds or so difference, if Froch pushes that little bit harder this time he can win but it will be tough for him.

Comment

Last fight was pretty close and competitive regardless of who you had wining the fight.

Comment

please let it be in manchester, either the weekend before or after utd v real madrid. if it is ill be there with ****ing bells on!

Comment

Excellent. Hopefully, we get another rematch with a definitive ending.

Comment

Froch beats him this time
                      thought he edged Kessler in the first fight
                      in England, Froch will get the decision he deserves, and more clearly
                      he's just tougher than Kessler, though Kessler is a better boxer
                      btw, if the regular WBA title gets unified, is there another title tier? :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                      X