Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rios vs. Alvarado II in Talks For March 16th, Staples

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course I'd rather see Rios fight garcia,matthysse,bradley,pac,marquez, or even khan but I can't really complain the first fight is a FOTY candidate. Theres alot much worse rematches than this one that get made that deserve to be complained about.

Comment

I'm not crazy over this fight but i'll still be watching. People can argue the first fight was stopped too early and Alvarado did have Rios hurt in the fight. Not the worse fight in the world but I was actually looking forward to Rios-Pacquiao. Oh well.

Comment

Alvarado was winning the fight in terms of rounds. But I just don't really see a different result. It's going to be who can take the most punishment for the longest time without getting hurt, and it's Rios.

Still going for my Colorado native though. Alvarado all day.

Comment

I'll be watching! Don't care who wins either, just want to see a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
            I loved the first fight and I'd love to watch a rematch, but why so soon? They should let both guys take 1 more fight before matching them up again.

I'd want to see Alvarado/Provodnikov (for WBO strap) and Rios/PEDerson (for IBF strap), then a rematch and possibly unification if both can win titles. Definitely would make it more interesting and winner will go on to way bigger and better things.

http://www.boxingscene.com/alvarado-...ossible--58172
            This right here would be the only real viable plan if they were to have a rematch.

This feels so rushed and unnecessary, really have to question Alvarados team in taking this fight if he gets stopped again.

Comment

This is idiotic IMO. These guys will take years off each other.

Rios was fortunate his incredible will and superhuman intangibles were able to break Alvarado the last time. As a Rios fan I'm not crazy about this fight. I don't care if most people could see it or not. Alvarado was the naturally stronger heavier handed guy and it showed. This will be no cake walk for Brandon. Tough match. It will be just as brutal if they do it again.
              Last edited by A-Wolf; 12-20-2012, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by krimzon View Post
                hopefully they'll assign a referee who isn't itching to stop the fight the moment someone gets rocked.
                I don't know why they didn't assign Smoger for that fight....dude was ready to let Marg fight on with one eye against Cotto....he's a warrior's ref for sure and it would've been only right to have him in there with 2 modern day gladiators like Mike and Bam...hopefully he gets the call for the rematch

hell yea...make it happen!!

Comment

Cool with it.... Just mad at the quick turnaround...... Would have rather seen both face another foe

Comment

Let smoger ref it! Classic... i do agree that other opposition before they meet again would have been nice...these guys are too tough for there own good!

Comment

a fans fight but does nothig 2 get neither as title shot, particularly Alvarado, he's running out of time...

Comment

Working...
                      X