Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to see Martinez back in the ring.

Comment

Martinez is def the real deal.

Knocked out Williams who was a nightmare for almost anyone.
      Defeated Dzinziruk who had one of the best jabs in the Middleweight division.
      KO'd Barker who was alot better than people thought.
      KO'd Macklin whom technically should've been a champion already since he should've beat Sturm.
      Dominanted JCC Jr. who was pretty much a cruiserweight that night.

He deserves a less risk fight.

Comment

I love Martinez & have been a fan for over a decade since he came from Spain (where he was based) & tore up some decent British Light Middles.

But I truly give Murray a chance here. Sergio is coming off some injuries, is pushing 40 & may well underestimate Martin.

I'll be betting on Murray if the odds are good. I am not saying he'll win (I'd have Sergio a 3/1 favourite) but if the odds exceed that then I'll shove some money on the man.

But it's always a pleasure to have Martinez fight. He & his fans are classy. Too many angry bull**** warriors out there nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
          Not one poster criticizing Sergio's mediocre competition for 2 years now. Maravilla has such a great charm among boxing fans.
          Nope, because all their favorite fighters ducked the fight when called out.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Golovkin View Post
            Golovkin is coming for both of you, gentlemen!
            the top at this weight class dont fight eachother....

Comment

hope serge thinks this fights gonna be easy. cos muzzas a bit of a hard chap and just might shock a few people

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                top notch baldomirs and ortiz's.
                they are professional boxers who are ranked or were ranked in the top of a particular weight class at the time...

Comment

waste

What a waste of a fight for a high profile boxer who is almost 40 years old. What are these dumb promoters thinking????

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  Argentine superstar, WBC Middleweight Champion Sergio Martinez (L), and British boxer Martin Murray (25-0-1, 11KOs), shakes hands after a news conference in Buenos Aires, on December 19th announcing their fight for April 27 in Argentina. HBO will televise the contest. Martinez (50-2-2, 28KOs) fights in Argentina for the first time since 2002.

[Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Originally posted by toners3 View Post
                    What a waste of a fight for a high profile boxer who is almost 40 years old. What are these dumb promoters thinking????
                    While I'd prefer someone else, it's not a waste. He's about to accomplish something very few boxers in history have. Get over 50 thousands butts in a stadium to come and watch a fight live.

Comment

Originally posted by toners3 View Post

none of the high profile guys want to fight Martinez.

Canelo might have been saying "I want Martinez" but in private Golden Boy made ZERO attempt to make the fight.

Mayweather has been totally slient, other than saying Martinez at a 150 catchweight is too big

so outside of Mayweather or Canelo, everybody else is basically the same. some fans have crowned GGG but he hasn't done anything yet. Quillin was offered a fight with Martinez last year but his team and GBP turned it down, maybe he'll be ready in a few more years

HBO is giving GGG a push so we might see him in more meaningful fights. fighting a junior middle in Rosado doesn't really help but he will KTFO Rosado and that's all casual fans care about.

Comment

Working...
                      X