No announcement yet.

Hryunov says Klitschko-Povetkin announcement coming next week

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
    You are giving Haye to much credit, there was EVERY opportunity to catch him, everytime he got on the inside and missed his Hayemaker, Wlad put his weight on him and held him down. Wlad cant fight on the inside, thats the truth,

Lennox would have let Haye taste a few uppercuts and big rights, noway would he have allowed Haye to walk out of the ring without his face damaged.

Wlad showed too much respect to Haye
    Well I think people are not giving enough credit to Haye. Of course he is a big trash talker and speaks a lot of non-sense but he has some very profound qualities - speed that is very rarely seen in HW combined with very respectable power.

Now moving to Lennox. First of all I like the man - he is top3 P2P HW of all time for me, but he wasn't a perfect fighter. His movement wasn't really state of art and his speed was on the slower side (but this is understandable as he was such a big guy). he always kind of struggled to catch the faster fighters - look at his fight with Tua (he dominated the fight but he wasn't able to seriously damage tua), look at his two fights with well prime past Holyfiled (he won the first fight and second one was very close - but again he wasn't very near to take Real Deal out at no point in 24 rounds, Bowe did much greater damage to primer Holyfield), look at his fight with Mavrovic (who wasn't as fast as first two but again being the smaller faster man he was able to play for full 12). Even shadow of shadow of Tyson gave some problems in the first one or two rounds to lennox solely due to greater speed.

Regarding his chin. It is good solid chin, but not top class. He surly took some nice shots from Vitali - but he also was stunned more than once. And I don't see Vitali as big one power puncher anyway (lot of guys took his punches - Vitali takes guys in the later rounds due to accumulated damage). Haye certanly has enough power to take Lennox out with clear chin shot. Rahman caught him with speed shot. It wasn't combo or some tricky shot - just very fast and accurate chin shot.

I see fight between that lighting fast, very cautious version of haye and Lennox to go pretty similar to Lennox-Tua fight. UD10+ for Lennox.

Comment

Povetkin, eh? Well, at least it will give Wladimir an opportunity to get out and stretch his legs. No, I kid. Povetkin is a legitimate fighter. He has defeated far better opponents than that aerobics instructor has. He is worthy of being Wladimir's 60th victory.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        The IBF won't let Pulev take a warm-up before fighting the winner of Cunningham-Adamek in April.

Pulev normally fights every three months or so, the layoff isn't good for him.
        doesnt matter, Sauerland will win the bid and Adamek is not knocking anyone above 230 out, therefore cant win.

Comment

Hryunov is a notorious liar. I wouldn't trust this info before it's confirmed by another source.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
            Disturbing how Haye, Povetkin, Helenius, Arrreola, Price, Deontay, Fury, Pulev dont have a single fight between them and just go straight to challenging a Klitschko.

All of them walk into a Klitschkjo fight green and untested, which is why Wlad will get no credit for beating them.
            Well it depends who they beat after Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              Hryunov is a notorious liar. I wouldn't trust this info before it's confirmed by another source.
              Klitschkos' training camp manager Dave Williams says nothing is set yet. But discussions have been going on, and the Povetkin camp definitely wants this fight.

Comment

A representative from RTL says Klitschko-Povetkin is going to purse bid and won't happen until May:

http://www.allboxing.ru/archives/2012-12-19_18_32.html

Comment

Povetkin is going to be another victim of Dr. Steelhammer.

Comment

Working...
                  X