Collapse
No announcement yet.

Altercations between Team Donaire vs Team Rigondeaux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This fight kind of has upset written on it.

I'm leaning towards Rigo on this one.

Donaire's last couple of opponents have been horribly slow. Confidence boosters for sure, but not great fighters to prep for Rigo.

Whereas Rigo's last opponent is the perfect prep. A taller, orthodox, strong fighter with a good left hook. It landed and stunned him, but he didn't go down and recovered well, got a full 12 rounds in too.

Also, between the two I give Rigo all of the advantages except power. That power (left hook specifically) is really the only reason I hold back from saying it will be a blowout for Rigo. I mean every time I'm ready to write Donaire off as slightly above average (at 122lbs), boom he lands a killer left hook. I have to respect that power.

but if Rigo is smart enough to realize that that's really all Donaire's got that can trouble him, he should be able to bag this one. I feel Rigo can surprise him in there.

Comment

Originally posted by -KING- View Post
      gonna be another great latino night war rigondeaux!

hopefully the filipinos dont cry again lol nonito is the last flip standing
      You must have cried 8 times (EMx2,MABx2,JMMx2,DLH,AM) before you made a Pinoy cry 1 time.

Watch Nonito make u cry multiple times before he bows down.

Comment

Originally posted by RA-Box View Post

Donaire's last couple of opponents have been horribly slow. Confidence boosters for sure, but not great fighters to prep for Rigo.

Whereas Rigo's last opponent is the perfect prep. A taller, orthodox, strong fighter with a good left hook. It landed and stunned him, but he didn't go down and recovered well, got a full 12 rounds in too.

Also, between the two I give Rigo all of the advantages except power. That power (left hook specifically) is really the only reason I hold back from saying it will be a blowout for Rigo. I mean every time I'm ready to write Donaire off as slightly above average (at 122lbs), boom he lands a killer left hook. I have to respect that power.

but if Rigo is smart enough to realize that that's really all Donaire's got that can trouble him, he should be able to bag this one. I feel Rigo can surprise him in there.
        How about chin, experience?

As Donaire prep goes, Marroquin is probably better than Francisco Leal, even though Rob lost to him recently on telefutura.

Comment

Good. Donaire is gonna knock this dude out, he is too chinny. I think some of these Cuban dudes are a little too hyped up. I'm talking about Gamboa and Rigondeaux. They are good, but not great.

Comment

Donaire going to get a boxing lesson

Comment

Fighting him will make all of this go away...I hear Donaire and his fans talk about what he would do to Rigondeaux but it is Donaire stalling and making excuses not to fight him

Make the damn fight and lets see what happens in the ring!

Comment

good to see donaire not doing a mayweather on rigo.

Comment

Donaire by 5th round KO.

Comment

Originally posted by RA-Box View Post

well marroquin is horribly slow compared to donaire as well (hand and foot speed) and i don't believe he hits nearly as hard as donaire. if donaire is able to land his left as easy as marroquin was able his then i expect the fight to be fairly easy for donaire. but i think rigo does have the power to hurt donaire..i'm not going to lie. but i just think donaire has proven to have a better punch resistance while rigo has shown to have a shaky chin.

Comment

My opinion from a non biased perspective (I'm not Cuban or Filipino) before I was torn couldnt pick a winner . Now it gets clearer and cleare donaire all the way, tbh rigondeaux hasnt impressed me much lately.

Comment

Working...
                      X