No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather Jr: Manny Pacquiao Can Bounce Back

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chargerhemi06 View Post
    The real question is will pac ever be a ppv fighter again?

What do you mean? He just breached the 1M ppv mark again, and the ONLY ONE in history to do it for 5 straight years.

The real question is in spite of all Pacquiao's defects will Floyd ever fight him?

Comment

i dont think pac will end up like roy or evander... but who knows...

he seems to be in good spirits. took the loss like a true champ.

i would like to see a rios or garcia victory @ 145 CW then retire. CW king right??? or avenge the bradley loss then retire... he NEEDS to leave on a high note at least....

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        if ODH can do it, manny can. Besides, manny has lost his last 2 fights offcially(even though I thought he beat Tim) and arguably his last 3. Keep in mind, Manny/Tim didn't sell as much as TR hoped.
        ODH had been in rehab, hadn't fought in ages..and was headed onto two huge ppv's..plus ODH was wayyyyy over the hill by then..he should've stayed retired after hopkins..Your comparison is apples and oranges..if pacquaio was 38 hadn't held a belt in a few years i'd agree under the current cirumstances I don't see it happening..in fact I think he'd retire first.

Comment

Originally posted by RajahBell View Post
          My legacy is defined on what Manny Pacquiao does. My legacy is defined by what I do in my career. ” Mayweather Jr.

So now, Mayweather wants to fight Pacquiao. It could have been a career defining win/knockout for Floyd if he would have fought Manny at his prime. But its too late, no one is interested anymore.
          Dont you realize thats a typo , read both lines and the first dont fit , there is NOT missing !

I wonder what Floyd wanted when he offered him 50/50 to fight , do you suppose it was for a fight and that was 3 yrs ago !! you idiots never change .

Comment

Originally posted by HazeAnatomy View Post
            Ha!!! I bet Manny wishing he took that 40 Mil because he'll Never Make that Much in a single fight now. Period. His stock has dropped and he is seen as a very beatable fighter(Even tho He was always beatable). The Truth ALWAYS Comes to light and the truth is that Pac Cant box with a slick counterPuncher. He can Brawl with a Strait forward fighter Like Cotto,Margarito,Hatton. And we all know who the best CP in the game is. Pac may not be done, but he will NEVER be the same again.
            Really? Lol..dude nobody and I mean nobody in boxing will bring Floyd a bigger "INTERNATIONAL" audience than Pacquaio..here's a bit of info for you..on a global scale more ppl watch Pacquaio fights than Mayweather..how is this possible? He's got fans in countries that don't have ppv thus ppv events become "network" events or satellite feeds. He wouldn't see more than $40 million fighting Floyd..tell Floyd that..tell arum that..tell anyone with any financial sense that and they'll give you at least 3 concrete reasons why he will. Stock dropped? He wasn't an undefeated fighter before JMM 4..in all honesty some of you should actually start respecting the man's legacy because I can't think of any boxer in the past 20,30, 40 years that has retained their fanbase intact even after being put to sleep. If anything I think his handling of the loss earned him a ton of new fans. How many boxers can you say that about..How many Bronner, Bradley, Alvarez, Mayweather fans you know will dump them the second they take a loss on thier unblemished records?

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
              Really? Lol..dude nobody and I mean nobody in boxing will bring Floyd a bigger "INTERNATIONAL" audience than Pacquaio..here's a bit of info for you..on a global scale more ppl watch Pacquaio fights than Mayweather..how is this possible? He's got fans in countries that don't have ppv thus ppv events become "network" events or satellite feeds. He wouldn't see more than $40 million fighting Floyd..tell Floyd that..tell arum that..tell anyone with any financial sense that and they'll give you at least 3 concrete reasons why he will. Stock dropped? He wasn't an undefeated fighter before JMM 4..in all honesty some of you should actually start respecting the man's legacy because I can't think of any boxer in the past 20,30, 40 years that has retained their fanbase intact even after being put to sleep. If anything I think his handling of the loss earned him a ton of new fans. How many boxers can you say that about..How many Bronner, Bradley, Alvarez, Mayweather fans you know will dump them the second they take a loss on thier unblemished records?
              i agree with alot u say here but being KOd in the manner he got KOd dropped his stock... and how can u be a manny fan and not admitt he struggles with good boxers/counter punchers, hes great yes but thats a fact!

Comment

ODH had been in rehab, hadn't fought in ages..and was headed onto two huge ppv's..plus ODH was wayyyyy over the hill by then..he should've stayed retired after hopkins..Your comparison is apples and oranges..if pacquaio was 38 hadn't held a belt in a few years i'd agree under the current cirumstances I don't see it happening..in fact I think he'd retire first.
                ODH fought forbes on HBO because it wasn't a ppv worthy fight even though ODH is a ppv star. If manny fights that level of opponent next it makes sense to put it on HBO/SHO or CBS.

Comment

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
                  i agree with alot u say here but being KOd in the manner he got KOd dropped his stock
                  He fought an opponent everyone knew would/has been his hardest opponent..unlike some others who've shockingly been put to sleep it didn't happen against a nobody nor did it happen in a way where the fight was one sided. By no stretch was that an upset regardless of who would've won..these guys hardest opponent has been each other..much like nobody cares who won more fights between ward and gatti..they just remember the wars..how many folks on here can off the top of their head say who won that trilogy? In the end its all about excitement..as long as he can go into a ring and throw fury punches his stock isn't going anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                    ODH fought forbes on HBO because it wasn't a ppv worthy fight even though ODH is a ppv star. If manny fights that level of opponent next it makes sense to put it on HBO/SHO or CBS.
                    He ain't fighting no steve forbes level of competition..why would he even risk that..ask Ortiz what happened with his tune up..the dude fights twice a year..one of those will not be for $2 million on hbo/showtime. In fact i'll call bradley his steve forbes and that's still a ppv event. Rios is actually more of a threat than Bradley in my own humble opinion.

Comment

He fought an opponent everyone knew would/has been his hardest opponent..unlike some others who've shockingly been put to sleep it didn't happen against a nobody nor did it happen in a way where the fight was one sided. By no stretch was that an upset regardless of who would've won..these guys hardest opponent has been each other..much like nobody cares who won more fights between ward and gatti..they just remember the wars..how many folks on here can off the top of their head say who won that trilogy? In the end its all about excitement..as long as he can go into a ring and throw fury punches his stock isn't going anywhere.
                      man he got KTFO, hes manny of course he will always have stock but the same???? i can dig it! i see what ur saying in a sense but come on yo!

Comment

Working...
                      X