Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trout-ginger must happen, winner gets Floyd.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
    wouldn't say bum, but he's being glorified for the beating he took. Props for being able to hit angulo and stop him at some points. He's really young and has room for improvement, after that fight though, I don't know how long his body will last.
    Well of course he's not a bum out of skid row, but he does embody the expression used in boxing when referring to way sub-par opponents.

Comment

Trout and Alvarez is the real fight and has much more of a possibility of happening than either one vs Floyd. Floyd might play verbal games with the media, like he's in the habit of doing, and leave someone the impression he would consider fighting Canelo. Although he may never directly say it. But that fight isn't going to happen. It would be way out of character for Floyd to fight someone with the advantages of youth, size, power, and with Canelo's ability.

Ortiz is not in Canelo's league, skill-wise. Any unbiased observer can see this regardless of the continuing "He has fought who?" kind of questioning.

I don't think Canelo can be tagged a ducker at 22. Floyd can because he's been ducking for a decade. Canelo is just getting going and has fought often and has been looking for the bigger fights.

But I am much more excited about seeing Trout vs Alvarez than the Mayweather fight anyway. That would be a slugfest. I slightly favor Alvarez in there, but I think Trout could get the job done also.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
        Trout didn't prove much by beating past it Cotto
        and Alvarez will get Floyd anyway, he doesn't have to go through Trout
        if by some chance Floyd-Alvarez doesn't happen, Alvarez-Trout works
        Alvarez would beat him in a fight that would probably suck
        So being an underdog & beating a fighter you are slated to lose to isn't proving much?

Please tell me about these phantom things that ginger has done to make you so sure that he'll beat Trout.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          So being an underdog & beating a fighter you are slated to lose to isn't proving much?

Please tell me about these phantom things that ginger has done to make you so sure that he'll beat Trout.
          Trout shouldn't have been underdog to Cotto at all
          Cotto was favored due to name recognition and nothing more
          he's not even a real JMW
          Alvarez has done nothing but milk a fake belt
          but he's a better fighter and stronger than Trout

Comment

Chuckle... Floyd is just one fight away from retirement. If Canelo vs Floyd doesn't happen now, it will never happen. Not in September, not anytime in the future. You peeps need to be realistic.

Floyd is faced with two choices: Guerrero and Canelo.

If you think Guerrero is the tougher fight for Floyd, so be it. No comment at this point until the choice is made officially.

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
              Angulo isn't in the top 10 anymore, he just spent seven months in prison and looked horrible against a bum welterweight in his last fight. Canelo should be facing Trout, Lara, Floyd, Mayweather, Molina, or Vanes. Instead, last year we got Mosley and Josesito.
              angulo aint top ten?Are u an idiot?Whos in ur top ten at 154?
              Heres mine Floyd,trout,canelo,molina,lara,cotto,kirkland,angu lo,vanes,k9,
              Now urs

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                Trout shouldn't have been underdog to Cotto at all
                Cotto was favored due to name recognition and nothing more
                he's not even a real JMW
                Alvarez has done nothing but milk a fake belt
                but he's a better fighter and stronger than Trout
                Yes, I see. So Trout beats Cotto, then all of a sudden Cotto was done. He beat Rodriguez & he was no good cause he didn't look great doing it. He got his title by whooping gingers brother on his own porch.

Then there's ginger who has done nothing at all but somehow you're under the impression that he's stronger & better than Trout?? What did I miss?? Mosley?? Who should have retired 2 fights previously? Or Hose Cotto who was a career lightweight that almost wrecked him??

It seems weird to me that ginger can receive all his accolades while campaigning in a weight class he's never done a thing in.

Comment

i think trout is legit.... his athleticism and jab is great. i still rank canelo over him although not by much. canelo just has more experience and i prefer his skillset. but trout is legit, i just need to see more of him. i wish trout had more pop though.

unification @ 154 would be AMAZING.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    Yes, I see. So Trout beats Cotto, then all of a sudden Cotto was done. He beat Rodriguez & he was no good cause he didn't look great doing it. He got his title by whooping gingers brother on his own porch.

Then there's ginger who has done nothing at all but somehow you're under the impression that he's stronger & better than Trout?? What did I miss?? Mosley?? Who should have retired 2 fights previously? Or Hose Cotto who was a career lightweight that almost wrecked him??

It seems weird to me that ginger can receive all his accolades while campaigning in a weight class he's never done a thing in.
                    not all of a sudden, Cotto was done as an elite before Trout beat him
                    and there's nothing else notable on his resume
                    and who the fuck is giving Alvarez "all these accolades?"
                    just said he's better than Trout, which isn't saying much at all

Comment

It is the most logical fight for both of them.

Comment

Working...
                      X