Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shane Mosley - "Floyd Mayweather and Saul Alvarez hit about as hard as each other"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its amazing how many people on this site think they know more than the boxer that actually fought both Canelo and Mayweather. Some folks around here need to realize that being a boxing fan doesn't translate to being a boxing expert.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      Canelo hits much harder. Baldimor took a ton of a prime Floyd's punches and never even blinked. Canelo hit Baldimor with one left hook and he was out cold. Canelo usually gets the KO and in his last 10 fights Floyd usually does not. Canelo is a natural 154 pounder and Floyd is really a welterweight. Mosley is getting hit so much lately I don't think he can tell one hard punch from another.
      Baldy was a MW fighting Floyd and Floyd just moved and connected all night he was not trying to hit as hard as can , and this was probably prime Baldy , Canelo fought a shot Baldy and was a little bigger which make the exchange in power very different between the 2 fights , it all makes a difference , you cant just say look at what happened to a guy in such and such a fight comparing to another fight in time when the weights are very different , and also matters a lot the form the guy is in at the time , your assessment is face value only .

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
        He has a better one than you considering that he took the punches.
        Do you believe Shane when he said Manny Pacquiao hit him the hardest he ever been hit?

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
          Do you believe Shane when he said Manny Pacquiao hit him the hardest he ever been hit?
          I actually thought he was throwing out a reason as to why he did so bad people would swallow that one and not question him , in this interview he said he was injured in Pacs fight , do you believe he was injured and thats why Manny won , being injured how come Manny could not walk through him , after all Shane only threw a few punches in the last half of the fight .

Funny thing about Mannys fights , they ALL got some weird sheeet going on like its all to a script .

Comment

for the record I think Alvarez power is being exaggerated, and he doesn't hit nowhere as hard as advertised

He couldn't get Mosley's corner to retire him. Mosley who doesn't even keep his hands up or move his head.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              I believe him. The level of opponent should be enough to agree. I simply don't see how anyone would try to argue different. Logically ginger has fought only 1 half decent jr middleweight his entire tenure there. He's supposed to look like a beast if he's fighting the likes of Josesito at 154. I bet Floyd would too & take a lot less punishment in the process.
              Where have you been Bush? Long time no see...

Comment

Another quote from Shane "Pacquiao doesn't hit that hard, but when he hits you it buckles you."

Sad to say, but Shane has taken one too many punches.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                  Another quote from Shane "Pacquiao doesn't hit that hard, but when he hits you it buckles you."

Sad to say, but Shane has taken one too many punches.
                  I think he is mincing words in between thudding hard and punches with snap , when he says Floyd has good power he refers to the snap in the same breath , its a different kinda of power , Floyd MUST have some pop or the elite fighters he has faced would run right over him , he hits plenty hard enough for the style of fighter he is .

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                    The guy basically asked him if Canelo was going to be able to do what he did (buckling Mayweather) so that might have influenced his response.

Maybe he's being genuine but personally I think Mosley looked a lot more beat up after the Canelo bout. although he did a lot better in that fight than he did against FMJ.
                    or maybe, JUST MAYBE Canelo hits as hard as Mayweather...

Comment

Floyd hits as hard as Canelo only in your biased minds. When Canelo punches people he knocks his heads back off, see Mosley.

Comment

Working...
                      X