No announcement yet.

How does Floyd not get credit for beating a guy 3 years ago

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mesher View Post
    Styles make fights though, so you can't really compare that way. Either way you put it, Pac has done better in the overall standing of common opponents, excuses put to the side.

JMM KO'd Pac but don't talk like he wasn't copping as good as he was getting. It was a competitive fight with Pac getting greedy and not giving JMM his due respect.
    You can't compare any fights between Floyd and Pac. Different weights, styles and points in the boxers career.

Floyd fought better versions of DLH and Mosley.

It was Marquez first time above 140 for Floyd and 2nd and 3rd against Pac.

And with Cotto he was drained against Pac and was at a comfortable weight against Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
      Who 3 years later and 3 years older knocked Manny out cold at the full 147 limit? yet people dont want to give Floyd any credit for making him look childish when he was 3 years younger...and dont come at me bout muscles cause muscles dont win fights never have and never will..skills wins fights
      Because he bloated the great COUNTERPUNCHER up 2 divsisions, and then wouldnt let him COUNTERPUNCH. and made him chase him aroiund the ring in his bloated balloon state.

Plus Floyd had 2 years to train for JMM, while JMM didnt have that luxury to train and prepare for FLoyd.
      Floyd should balloon himself up 2 divisions and fight sergio at 160 to see if he can do it.

Floyd gets zilch credit for his JMM win or if you want to be fair to Floyd he gets a little credit but nothing to boast about.

Comment

I give credit to Floyd because Marquez KO'ed Pac.
        Floyd is the winner in all of this.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
          Because he bloated the great COUNTERPUNCHER up 2 divsisions, and then wouldnt let him COUNTERPUNCH. and made him chase him aroiund the ring in his bloated balloon state.

Plus Floyd had 2 years to train for JMM, while JMM didnt have that luxury to train and prepare for FLoyd.
          Floyd should balloon himself up 2 divisions and fight sergio at 160 to see if he can do it.

Floyd gets zilch credit for his JMM win or if you want to be fair to Floyd he gets a little credit but nothing to boast about.
          Floyd ran from Marquez ??

And he wouldn't let Marquez do what he does best. Well what an *******

And how did Floyd have 2 years to train FOR Marquez ???they both had the same amount of time to train for each other.

But I'm not even gonna take you serious. No one does on here

Comment

Originally posted by J Dubb II 330 View Post
            You can't compare any fights between Floyd and Pac. Different weights, styles and points in the boxers career.

And with Cotto he was drained against Pac and was at a comfortable weight against Floyd.
            Pac fought a better cotto, remember cotto came in at 146 the last 2 of 3 fights before pacs 145 which he offered

even the die hard will tell you cotto said he was in his best condition ever, no way was he weight drained, that is an excuse. he is just now a bloated non disciplined fighter who should be fighting at ww

pac came up from 135 to fight Oscar, I know which fight I would prefer if I was a promoter, it would be the 154 fight which after a near 2 year lay off

Pac killed cotto, floyd had a tough fight with him

floyd killed marquez, pac had a tough fight with him

its how it is, styles make fights

one thing for sure, floyd ran away from manny, nobody can deny that, only nut huggers imo

Comment

floyd just lose one of his last oppurtunity to redeem his seemingly un-saveable legacy.

Floyd missed out big time when JMM got the job done.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkman0811 View Post
                No, he's not as big as some other welterweights, but he is naturally bigger than Marquez and Pacquiao. Like I said, nobody gave Marquez any kind of chance against Mayweather. That fight was a joke. I didn't even bother watching that joke of a fight. I knew it would be a joke with Marquez jumping up two whole weight divisions. Come on, bro. Marquez weighed 142 for a welterweight fight? How many welterweights do you see come in 5 pounds lower than the welterweight limit? Zero, except for lightweights. Aww, man. It's a laugher. Please stop it.
                Actually what your describing and claiming nobody does, mayweather did twice.
                In both of floyds fights at 154 he came in UNDER THE LIMIT by a cuple pounds. So to answer your question who does this ? Floyd does, he did it twice.

Comment

The win is definitely much better for Mayweather now, but anyone that can't see the difference between Marquez then and Marquez now is blind or biased.

Comment

Bro we could argue all day about who fought the better versions of who but it doesn't really matter. End of the day, Pac has the better performances against common opponents overall.

Just because JMM ko'd Pac doesn't mean Mayweather could (maybe now after the KO if Pac's chin is cracked). Styles make fights.

Comment

You know there is a big difference from 147 or 154 to 168, then 135 to 144.
                      It's 2 weight classes.

Floyd is currently fighting at 154lbs, what he asked Marquez to do is the equivalent of him stepping up two weight classes to meet Ward at 166lbs.

And it would been no different if Floyd came in at 144 or if they fought tomorrow.
                      You don't know that at all, it's just your personal opinion.

What we do know is Floyd wouldn't come in at 144 because he wouldn't want a fair fight, the dice has to be loaded.
                      Last edited by Weebler I; 12-17-2012, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X