Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Donaire retired today would he be in the hall of fame?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    Vazquez, Narvaez, Sydorenko, and Arce didn't really mean s**t to me.

Vazquez never beat a top 10 fighter, Narvaez was clearly fighting in a weight class he didn't belong in, Sydorenko wasn't a good fight by the time Donaire got to him, and Arce hadn't done anything since beating the unproven Vazquez over 18 months prior, and was also a tiny guy for the weight class.

Donaire has wins over Darchinyan, Mthalane, H. Marquez, Montiel, Mathebula, and Nishioka.
    yet you listed angel manfreddy as one of floyd's good wins.. a guy who was never a champion and awas a glorified contender.

Comment

Vazquez never beat a top 10 fighter, Narvaez was clearly fighting in a weight class he didn't belong in, Sydorenko wasn't a good fight by the time Donaire got to him, and Arce hadn't done anything since beating the unproven Vazquez over 18 months prior, and was also a tiny guy for the weight class.

Donaire has wins over Darchinyan, Mthalane, H. Marquez, Montiel, Mathebula, and Nishioka.
      How was Arce tiny, he was 135 fight night? Narvaez a champ at 112 and 115 same time Donaire was there, just wouldn't put up his belt. Now he's garbage with 3 more pounds. Sydorenko = slightly more proven Dzinziruk at that point. And you're right about WV2 not having any top 10 wins, but put him in against Rico Ramos and he'll get one in one sided fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
        yet you listed angel manfreddy as one of floyd's good wins.. a guy who was never a champion and awas a glorified contender.
        Manfredy was coming off beating Gatti (at a time Gatti was highly regarded) and was the highest ranked fighter at 130 other than Floyd when that happened......who had Vazquez, Sydorenko, and Arce beat before they fought Donaire???

Comment

Without question he is hall of fame in my mind. Just because he wrecks everyone doesnt mean they arent good opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            How was Arce tiny, he was 135 fight night? Narvaez a champ at 112 and 115 same time Donaire was there, just wouldn't put up his belt. Now he's garbage with 3 more pounds. Sydorenko = slightly more proven Dzinziruk at that point. And you're right about WV2 not having any top 10 wins, but put him in against Rico Ramos and he'll get one in one sided fashion.
            Sydorenko hadn't won a meaningful fight in almost 3 years when that fight happened......

Arce is small for 122, I don't care how much upper body muscle/weight he puts on. Anyone watching that fight could tell Arce didn't belong in there.

You thought Narvaez was a good and legit fight at 118 for Donaire???

Comment

WV2 was #10 at 122, Narvaez was #1 at 115, Sydorenko was #6 i think at 118, Arce was taken off rankings for division hopping

Give ANY other guy in that area those wins and they would be good but for Donaire they dont mean ****? Yea they arent amazing wins but maybe you shouldnt hold Donaire to such a ridiculous standerd

Comment

Manfredy was coming off beating Gatti (at a time Gatti was highly regarded) and was the highest ranked fighter at 130 other than Floyd when that happened......who had Vazquez, Sydorenko, and Arce beat before they fought Donaire???
                gatti was a warrior but he was never elite...vasquez was ranked , and the only reason arce was'nt ranked was coz he moved back to bw..

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  WV2 was #10 at 122, Narvaez was #1 at 115, Sydorenko was #6 i think at 118, Arce was taken off rankings for division hopping

Give ANY other guy in that area those wins and they would be good but for Donaire they dont mean ****? Yea they arent amazing wins but maybe you shouldnt hold Donaire to such a ridiculous standerd
                  Vazquez had never beaten a top 10 fighter. I find it funny people label that a legit good win, and than say Rigo is a bum for fighting Ramos.

Sydorenko hadn't won a meaningful fight in almost 3 years.

Arce would have been better had it happened right after he beat Vazquez. But Arce had done jack s**t since. It was already a mismatch, they should have got it over with earlier than they did, but oh well.

I'm not saying Donaire isn't great or won't be a HOF eventually. I give him full credit for beating Darchinyan, Mthalane, H. Marquez, Montiel, Mathebula, and Nishioka. Those all at the least ended up being anywhere from decent/solid to really good wins for him.

I hold Donaire to the Floyd and Manny standard, he's P4P right now and one of the top 5 fighters in the world, he should be held to that standard. I see some people saying those are good wins, than slam Floyd for fighting Ortiz and Cotto in his last two fights, when both were top ranked fighters when he did.

Comment

Sydorenko hadn't won a meaningful fight in almost 3 years when that fight happened......

Arce is small for 122, I don't care how much upper body muscle/weight he puts on. Anyone watching that fight could tell Arce didn't belong in there.

You thought Narvaez was a good and legit fight at 118 for Donaire???
                    About the same as Dzinziruk, but at least Sydorenko fought world class comp previously: Moreno x2, Agbeko, Poon. And fought in his weight class with Donaire moving up, the opposite of SM Dzin.

Donaire Narvaez is not a different fight at 112 and 115, Narvaez doesn't suddenly turn to ***** with 3 extra lbs. I mean, Moreno was inducted into most of p4p lists for Vic, who was well proven ineffective at 118, unlike Narvaez.

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
                      gatti was a warrior but he was never elite...vasquez was ranked , and the only reason arce was'nt ranked was coz he moved back to bw..
                      Didn't say he was. Just said he was highly ranked when Manfredy beat him and coming off a couple solid wins. Manfredy beating him was a good win for Manfredy. Manfredy was #2 at 130 when Floyd beat him, that was a good win for Floyd, capped off his FOTY award he won in 1998.

Comment

Working...
                      X