Papa Trinidad will surprisingly come out of retirement to train and manage former WBA heavyweight champion John Ruiz. Papa Trinidad had "irrevocably" retired from the fight game earlier this after his son Tito Trinidad suffered a one-sided loss to Winky Wright, however according to the Puerto Rican newspaper El Nuevo Dia negotiations have been completed. The move is expected to motivate promoter Don King to pay more attention to Ruiz' career. Ironically, the senior Trinidad was a vocal critic when the "The Quietman" was named Puerto Rican Fighter of the Year in 2001, arguing the Ruiz, who lives in Las Vegas, is not a Puerto Rican resident. Ruiz parted ways with longtime manager Norman "Stoney" Stone after his close loss to Nicolay Valuev on December 17
tito once said that he would only fight if his father was by his side.........now what!!???
tito once said that he would only fight if his father was by his side.........now what!!???
Comment