Groves vs Johnson RBR

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Froch said Johnson has a head made of solid oak

Comment

Blackwell starting to make a fight of it now. Turning into a good scrap, BJS needs to take control again.

Comment

This is getting interesting.

Saunders cut and beginning to feel the pressure.

Comment

Blackwell's got a very good jab to be fair.

Comment

Saunders needs to realise that sometimes it's better to sit in the pocket and try to avoid shots, maybe even take a few, rather than rely too much on his legs and energising his opponent and giving him rounds

Comment

I'm not entirely sure on Saunders, still.

I rate Macklin, Murray and Barker higher.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if either of the two least likely outcomes happen: Groves KO Johnson, or Johnson outworks, and UD's Groves.

Groves can punch hard - he's a very good puncher, who places his punches with great accuracy.

Johnson is without a doubt one of the most durable boxers of our generation, but every boxer will crack eventually.

Johnson also can still put up impressive work-rate numbers. His tomahawk jab can be very effective, and is a power punch in its own right. Look for Johnson to try to cut the ring off, lead with the tomahawk, burrow down in Groves chest, and wing his hybrid short right straight/hooks over the top of Groves' guard. Look for Groves to take full advantage of every square inch of the ring, utilizing his lateral movement, trying to pick off clean power shots while Johnson is stalking his way inside.

My final prediction: Groves wins a pretty entertaining scrap, with moments of two-way action. Johnson does enough work in some rounds that Groves takes off to put 2-4 rounds in the bag. Groves wins 116-112; 117-111 x 2.

Comment

this Billy Joe doesnt look any special, as soon as he steps outside the UK, he will get KTFO

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw_07 View Post
                    this Billy Joe doesnt look any special, as soon as he steps outside the UK, he will get KTFO
                    Wondered when our resident UK hater would arrive

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
                      I wouldn't be surprised if either of the two least likely outcomes happen: Groves KO Johnson, or Johnson outworks, and UD's Groves.

Groves can punch hard - he's a very good puncher, who places his punches with great accuracy.

Johnson is without a doubt one of the most durable boxers of our generation, but every boxer will crack eventually.

Johnson also can still put up impressive work-rate numbers. His tomahawk jab can be very effective, and is a power punch in its own right. Look for Johnson to try to cut the ring off, lead with the tomahawk, burrow down in Groves chest, and wing his hybrid short right straight/hooks over the top of Groves' guard. Look for Groves to take full advantage of every square inch of the ring, utilizing his lateral movement, trying to pick off clean power shots while Johnson is stalking his way inside.

My final prediction: Groves wins a pretty entertaining scrap, with moments of two-way action. Johnson does enough work in some rounds that Groves takes off to put 2-4 rounds in the bag. Groves wins 116-112; 117-111 x 2.
                      no need to analyze it. Johnson is being taken away for the doctor to check him after the fight. Groves by a brutal, devastating KO

Comment

Working...
                      X