Groves vs Johnson RBR

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lazy View Post
    He won on points.
    cheers, just read the article on front page, doesnt sound like he impressed.

Comment

Can someone answer this question.

Is Glen Johnson the guy Bernard Hopkins KNOCKED OUT 15 years ago?
      Or is this another Johnson.

This the same Johnson?

Comment

Saunders' movement, footwork and particularly speed are already A-level IMO. Unless he's chinny then he will go a long, long way

Comment

This is an interesting fight, seing Sauders being pushed back but still being effective. A lot of pressure being put on.

Good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathknight88 View Post
            Can someone answer this question.

Is Glen Johnson the guy Bernard Hopkins KNOCKED OUT 15 years ago?
            Or is this another Johnson.

This the same Johnson?
            I sense a troll. Johnson is as tough as teak and was very inexperienced at the time of the Hopkins stoppage. His style also lends itself to longevity and he keeps himself in brilliant shape.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbreadman View Post
              Saunders' movement, footwork and particularly speed are already A-level IMO. Unless he's chinny then he will go a long, long way
              I think Earl said that the other day. Agree with it.

He looks hard to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbreadman View Post
                I sense a troll. Johnson is as tough as teak and was very inexperienced at the time of the Hopkins stoppage. His style also lends itself to longevity and he keeps himself in brilliant shape.
                Ok so I don't get it. Are you trying to 'up' Grove's win or trying to 'defend' Grove's loss?

WHY DON'T we sit the hell down and call a spade a spade. Unless you are Bernard Hopkins. 43 is exactly how it sounds like... Old.

Comment

Blackwell's going to come back into this if Billy fights him inside.

Comment

Johnson is still somewhat competent at the top level and Groves is untested, it's not a guaranteed win.

EDIT: Spelling like a tard tonight.
                    Last edited by D-MiZe; 12-15-2012, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathknight88 View Post
                      Ok so I don't get it. Are you trying to 'up' Grove's win or trying to 'defend' Grove's loss?

WHY DON'T we sit the hell down and call a spade a spade. Unless you are Bernard Hopkins. 43 is exactly how it sounds like... Old.
                      Wasn't "upping" a Groves win or "defending" a potential loss, but rather defending Johnson as an opponent. And you can't very well say that 43 is old and then allow yourself an exception to your own rule with Hopkins. Johnson lives exactly the same, monkish sort of existence as Hopkins. He's a level below but where longevity's concerned why discredit him?

Comment

Working...
                      X