Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hall of Famer Too Sharp Johnson Arrested on Drug Charge

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the poster you are responding to means that Manny ducked Too Sharp...I could be wrong here, but I think that is why he put the "titles in eight divisions" comment in quotations....But again, he toasts Manny at flyweight, not a whole lot of comparison here.

At flyweight, Manny would struggle to make the top 10 in the 90's, with Johnson, Arbachakov, even Kittikasem, Dave McAuley, Danny Romero, ....Could he have even been competititve with light flys Carbajal and Gonzales, Melchor Cob Castroand Ricardo Lopez (yeah I know he moved up from straw..)

The more I list the worse it looks for Manny.

Comment

Party on too sharp!

Crazy. PCP. WTF?

Comment

Damn, who knew that Too Sharp liked to get wet?

Comment

And I guess that hood'll neva learn
          Got it dipped both in hoes and sherm

Comment

Damn shame. Too Sharp had all the moves, feared and fearsome. Drugs are bringing down many greats. I watched the crack epidemic take out a lot of friends and PCP just drove them crazy. Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
              You think that Johnson ducked Pacquiao?

You have to remember that these were Flyweights at the same time. On opposite sides of the world. I doubt if there was the money (or interest) to get them to fight.

Was there a big interest in them fighting at the time? I don't recall their names ever being mentioned together except by yourself.
              Neither "ducked" the other. Pac wasn't even fighting in the US at that point. That said, when talking about Pac's "titles in eight divisions", most neglect to mention little facts like he was never considered the best flyweight in the world during his time there and never fought the guy considered the best.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetScience View Post
                Guess he wasn't "Too Sharp" for the law.
                Was waiting for that one since reading the thread title.

Comment

Wow. Gotta make sure that as a "prize" fighter, you hold on to some of the prize....

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    Damn, who knew that Too Sharp liked to get wet?

they said he was trying to distribute...did the cops set him up?...or did they bust him making a money for drug transfer?

Comment

I am not sure if there is a connection. But, within the past year or so a local DC auction house sold off all of Too Sharp's championship belts and fight used gloves and robes etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X