No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner: I Will Move Up In Weight To Find Competition

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    He's with Zanfer, who works closely with Top Rank. There's a much better chance we see Gamboa-Vazquez.

Abril is the same high risk low reward fight that Vazquez is, and should have just beaten Rios, the only guy to do that so far. Abril is a good fight.

I'd like to see some guys left at 135 for Gamboa.
    I agree Abril is a hood fight but I think Vasquez is the tougher fight for Broner. I think he beats both tho and I would love to see both but the Vasquez fight probably won't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      Hes with zanfer rite? Their affiliation with top rank keeps them from making fights with gbp or so I've noticed.
      I could try and find the article and link you to it.?.?.? But from the way Gomez talked about it it seemed like a possibility

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
        I agree Abril is a hood fight but I think Vasquez is the tougher fight for Broner. I think he beats both tho and I would love to see both but the Vasquez fight probably won't happen.
        I concur.....

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
          I could try and find the article and link you to it.?.?.? But from the way Gomez talked about it it seemed like a possibility
          Link it to me. When was the article, recent??? Maybe Vazquez and Zanfer know they could be getting a Gamboa fight soon anyway. I see Gamboa fighting Salgado at 130 or Vazquez at 135 next.

Comment

Link it to me. When was the article, recent??? Maybe Vazquez and Zanfer know they could be getting a Gamboa fight soon anyway. I see Gamboa fighting Salgado at 130 or Vazquez at 135 next.
            Yeah it was the 11th.... http://******.craveonline.com/blog/1...shot-at-broner

Comment

So they offered Vazquez the fight for November, and instead they fought DeMarco. Alright, I don't know why Vazquez would turn down the shot to fight one of the best young fighters in the sport in an HBO main event.

It could happen. I still see Gamboa fighting Vazquez instead, with Broner fighting Abril and Burns, if Burns finally wants to fight Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                Why should Burns have to go to the US?

The fight would be huge event in Scotland and fill a large venue, while Broner can't draw flies in the US.
                are you getting paid out of the fight?

so why does it matter where it occurs to you?

the fact is burns didn't want to drop his silly fight in jan and once again it seems doesn't want to fight broner.

you can argue location all day but those are the facts.

Comment

So they offered Vazquez the fight for November, and instead they fought DeMarco. Alright, I don't know why Vazquez would turn down the shot to fight one of the best young fighters in the sport in an HBO main event.

It could happen. I still see Gamboa fighting Vazquez instead, with Broner fighting Abril and Burns, if Burns finally wants to fight Broner.
                  I wish they could have got a response from Team Vazquez since Vazquez himself has been saying he would like the fight.... I think Gamboa would work too depending on how he looks next time out and at 35....

Its crazy Burns needs all this prep time and Abril is willing to step in off of an almost year layoff... Its not like Abril has a ton of options but still props to him

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
                    I wish they could have got a response from Team Vazquez since Vazquez himself has been saying he would like the fight.... I think Gamboa would work too depending on how he looks next time out and at 35....

Its crazy Burns needs all this prep time and Abril is willing to step in off of an almost year layoff... Its not like Abril has a ton of options but still props to him
                    Yeah Abril had some bad luck last month though. He was suppose to fight Top 10 LW Sharif Bogere, who got injured. I just hope that WBA title is on the line for Broner-Abril. Abril is a big risk, never in a million years did I think Broner would fight Abril.

Comment

Working...
                    X