No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquaio Suspended for 120 days.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
    That's good to hear. They need to monitor his brain activity after the concussion he received.

But it's misleading with the use of the word "suspended". Makes it sound like he did something wrong or cheated.
    Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
    That is normal after brutal ko's
    Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    It's called a Medical Recovery Suspension. It happens to every fighter who loses by TKO/KO. The amount of the suspension depends on the severity of the stoppage.
    Exactly what Kev said. It is mandatory for the commission to put those figher in suspension.

Comment

Typical time out, his activity is suspened! Its not a punishment hahaha!! Ray

Comment

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
        Exactly what Kev said. It is mandatory for the commission to put those figher in suspension.
        Exactly. Unfortunately for the sport it doesn't always happen especially with lower level guys whether its in a state with a poor regulations or whatever. Every now and then you can find some bum on boxrec who's been ko'd a bunch of times and still fighting every month.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
          knowing pacquiao, i'm sure he won't let this stop him. most probably after all test results come back as negative, he'll talk to arum and ask him to convince the commission to let him fight this april 2013. if all things fail, meaning test results are negative but commission still wound lift the ban, then i guess pacquiao's next fight would be held somewhere else, most likely texas
          it can't happen. it's mandatory suspension which means you're not even supposed to train (spar) for that four months.

It's the reason why it took eight or nine months for the Rahman v Lewis second fight to occur.

Comment

Working...
          X