No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather vs Saul “Canelo” Alvarez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
    Mayweather UD. The fact that Floyd would even take the fight confirms it. He knows he can win this match. He wouldn't take it otherwise. Get to know Mayweather, folks. He's the best matchmaker in boxing behind Bruce Trampler.
    who else should he fight at 147 to 154?

you: "er....ah......HERPADERPADERP"

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
      who else should he fight at 147 to 154?

you: "er....ah......HERPADERPADERP"
      He should fight Sergio Martinez 154.

Who else?? Floyd can beat him. He's just TOO SCARED OF LOSING to dare.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
        Canelo TKO

bet your house on it
        Agreed. Never gone against Floyd until i saw him, and how slow his torso was moving against Ortiz, and said Cotto to win, or give him hell. Canelo will be relentless in attacking the body with thunderous thuds, and I see Canelo knocking Floyd down early, then stopping him around the 7-9th. I love Floyd, but he has been slowing down, and it has showed if many of you take the goggles off, and look.

Comment

Will he ever fight Martinez at 154?

Comment

He should fight Sergio Martinez 154.

Who else?? Floyd can beat him. He's just TOO SCARED OF LOSING to dare.
            Floyd isn't beating Martinez at 154 or 160, and under the surface you know this which is why you want the fight

Comment

Originally posted by S IP U IR S xII View Post
              Agreed. Never gone against Floyd until i saw him, and how slow his torso was moving against Ortiz, and said Cotto to win, or give him hell. Canelo will be relentless in attacking the body with thunderous thuds, and I see Canelo knocking Floyd down early, then stopping him around the 7-9th. I love Floyd, but he has been slowing down, and it has showed if many of you take the goggles off, and look.
              I gotta admit I'm definitely worried here, there are signs that Floyd's reign could be coming to an end. He's my favorite fighter of all time, but I've been watching boxing enough to know that nobody is untouchable or immune to losing. Still think that Floyd is good enough to beat Canelo, but it's gonna be tough.

Comment

It's become easy to pin Floyd on the ropes based on recent fights. Ortiz did it. Cotto did it. Canelo could do it better and efficiently. I think every future opponent of Floyd should know by now that it's dumb to let him stay in the middle of the ring and let him do his thing.

Comment

Floyd isn't beating Martinez at 154 or 160, and under the surface you know this which is why you want the fight
                  No. Floyd could absolutely beat Martinez at 154 and possibly even at 160.

Comment

No. Floyd could absolutely beat Martinez at 154 and possibly even at 160.
                    I don't see it this way. Not at all. Sergio is too big for Floyd and has speed and power at 160. At 154, with floyd being 36 years old and inactive, I think Sergio wins a wide UD or possibly stops Floyd late. Floyd will most likely shell up not being able to figure out Martinez' awkward style. The only way Floyd wins this at 154 is if Martinez doesn't cut the weight properly and is drained just like Dawson was coming down to 168.

If Martinez was a natural 147lb guy, it would be competitive but this is a mismatch due to the size difference. people need to realize Floyd can't even come in at 154, he was 147 fight night against Cotto and 150 vs Oscar

Comment

I don't see it this way. Not at all. Sergio is too big for Floyd and has speed and power at 160. At 154, with floyd being 36 years old and inactive, I think Sergio wins a wide UD or possibly stops Floyd late. Floyd will most likely shell up not being able to figure out Martinez' awkward style. The only way Floyd wins this at 154 is if Martinez doesn't cut the weight properly and is drained just like Dawson was coming down to 168.

If Martinez was a natural 147lb guy, it would be competitive but this is a mismatch due to the size difference. people need to realize Floyd can't even come in at 154, he was 147 fight night against Cotto and 150 vs Oscar
                      You underestimate Mayweather, the more complete fighter. You also misunderstand the styles match up. Sergio Martinez is a pot shotter and a rhythm fighter. Only way Martinez wins is by knockout and I don't see that happening. Floyd's defense would be closed super tight. He's at his sharpest when he's threatened. Especially by a bigger man. UD Floyd Mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                      X