Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo's Facebook is saying he's close to fighting Mayweather.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MVOLT View Post
    DLH was past his prime and Cotto isn't a exceptional fighter by no means plus the best verison of Cotto was @ 147
    Without getting into the discussion of whether he's an exceptional fighter I'm of the opinion even this version of Cotto still beats Canelo handily.

The skill gap between Mayweather and Canelo is just too great. I think he could well knock him out.

I haven't read the whole thread, how do you see the fight going?

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
      Risky risky risky fight for Floyd. Canelo is a young hungry LION who wants everything Floyd has. Will experience beat youth?
      ortiz was a young hungry LION as well but he was actually a young hungry bum.

Comment

If this is true Floyd deserves major props. Taking on an undefeated fighter in his physical prime at 154? Floyd hasn't had this type of challenge in a long time.

I have always said that I don't think Floyd is afraid of losing to guys like Pac or Martinez, its just that he knows that even if he wins he will take some punishment he just doesn't want to take at this point in his career. Even if he beats Canelo he will still be in danger of taking those hits.

Hope this is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Lovci View Post
          There's only one guy at this point who has really earned Mayweather now that Pac lost, and that is Martinez. floyd would never fight martinez.
          Incase you been in Coma or In Jail..Pacquiao just lost to JMM so actually JMM earn himself a rematch with Mayweather if anything...but regardless, Guerrero has also worked his way up to the top of the Welterweight Divison regardless who what you think of Aydin or Berto...at least they was legit Welterweights and Aydin was rated the #1 Contender for the WBC Title going into his fight with Guerrero and Berto was a very solid opponent for Guerrero to defeate

Again...WHO HAVE CANELO DEFEATED TO EARN A SHOT A MAYWEATHER? Nobody ever answers this question! And if they did then it is usually something stupid like "WELL CANELO IS A BIGGER DRAW THEN GUERRERO" OK? But they are trying to fight Mayweather, this is Mayweather's first fight back since being in Jail, this is guaranteed to do over 1 Million in PPV Buys regardless of who he fights!

And I am not buying this crap that some people are shooting talking about "THIS IS A RISKY FIGHT FOR MAYWEATHER" BS, that is Mayweather fans trying to hype up Canelo so once he picks this guy apart they can hype of a win against a Guy who is not even ready for Mayweather because he has never been tested and never fought ANYBODY GOOD!

Comment

I think Guerrero has earned his shot but i dontmind uf Canelo gets the nod. He is talented and powerful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              Without getting into the discussion of whether he's an exceptional fighter I'm of the opinion even this version of Cotto still beats Canelo handily.

The skill gap between Mayweather and Canelo is just too great. I think he could well knock him out.

I haven't read the whole thread, how do you see the fight going?
              Mayweather wont even wobble canelo. Everyone here is delusional. At 36 every fight mayweather has is inherently risky at this point. Canelo is much bigger and much stronger than pbf....money may outbox him to a decision but you are all delusional if u dont beleive canelo will touch him good if this fight happens win or lose canelo will get his pound of flesh.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                Risky risky risky fight for Floyd. Canelo is a young hungry LION who wants everything Floyd has. Will experience beat youth?
                I have a feeling it will be de la Hoya vs Whitaker II. I've said the same thing when Floyd fought Ortiz, but i don't think Floyd will win if it's a close fight. Floyd is on his way out, while Canelo is being hyped up as the next superstar in boxing.
                Last edited by Carpe Diem; 12-13-2012, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
                  Mayweather wont even wobble canelo. Everyone here is delusional. At 36 every fight mayweather has is inherently risky at this point. Canelo is much bigger and much stronger than pbf....money may outbox him to a decision but you are all delusional if u dont beleive canelo will touch him good if this fight happens win or lose canelo will get his pound of flesh.
                  I beg to differ. I wasn't even that impressed with Canelo v Lopez, a fight he won by KO.

Don't get me wrong Canelo is a decent fighter, but not as good as his name and the jump so early in his career will prove too much.

I'll be surprised if they put him in there with Mayweather.

Comment

Floyd fought one-dimensional Ortiz didn't he? Look at how Lopez made him look like a bum. Let's face it. Floyd will never fight Martinez or a faded Pac. So between

Canelo >> Guerrero

Comment

This is not a bad idea at all. Canelo loses against Floyd and then Cotto returns against Bundrage in june and then you get Cotto-Canelo at the end of 2013. Not bad at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X