Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo's Facebook is saying he's close to fighting Mayweather.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trout is more proven than Canelo. But being realistic.....who the hell expects Mayweather vs Trout??? Not even Trout expects that, no one is asking for it, and no one wants it.

Comment

• Canelo vs Trout I favor Canelo.

Better chance to win, Canelo or trout?

I favor Canelo.

Shown me better skills, hand speed, power, combinations, poise? Canelo.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
        Canelo vs Trout I favor Canelo.

I favor Canelo.

Agreed. Canelos power speed and skills are second to none now a days....

Comment

Canelo vs Trout I favor Canelo.

I favor Canelo.

I'd favor Canelo over Trout as well but it would be a very difficult fight. As a Canelo fan I didn't like how Gomez was outboxing him before he got stopped. Yeah Canelo was playing around doing the shoulder roll and whatnot but still, not a good sign that he can handle a fighter with good boxing skills and a consistent jab.

Comment

• it's a good fight and i'm excited, but it may be slightly premature. let canelo beat a trout or lara and prove he's he can do it against prime fighters his own size. otherwise he could potentially be written off as a green fighter down the line. and i'm sure the experience would do him good, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
              it's a good fight and i'm excited, but it may be slightly premature. let canelo beat a trout or lara and prove he's he can do it against prime fighters his own size. otherwise he could potentially be written off as a green fighter down the line. and i'm sure the experience would do him good, too.
              He's not green, I agree about his resume, but he isn't green.

Right now it's choose the best possible option.

Outside of Martinez it's Guerrero, Pac, or Canelo to me.

Pac, forget it... Canelo over Guerrero all day.

Comment

He's not green, I agree about his resume, but he isn't green.
                from the evidence at hand, i don't think he's green either. but the problem is that we don't have quite enough evidence yet. imagine if floyd beats him and then canelo goes on to lose to a trout or lara and be somewhat "exposed" in the process. it will be bad for floyd's resume. however, if you let him fill that gap in his resume before the floyd fight, it will look a lot better in the long run. i'm sure floyd could wait another few months and face canelo in the fall rather than spring.
                Last edited by NEETzsche; 12-14-2012, 12:08 PM.

Comment

It doesnt matter.... Anybody with eyes and a bit of boxing knowledge can see hes a good fighter, and all the qualities I listed are true. His hands wont suddenly get slower with a better opponent.

His opponents to date can absolutely be questioned, but he IS a good fighter and naturally bigger and stronger than Floyd.
                  I like this post of THE REED about the Ginger Kid.

Comment

• i think Canelo needs to get a couple more fights under his belt before Mayweather but hes got a lot of talent and i think win or lose this fight wont make him look bad and only add to his credibility. I cant wait to see if it actually happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by -KING- View Post
                      The most trouble Floyd had in those fights was the jab from both guys Canelo doesn't use that effectively. I think you said in another thread a while back that the fighter who was gonna beat Floyd was the guy who had younger legs and could move against Floyd I don't think Canelo is gonna fight from the outside.
                      Yeah because it would be dumb for him to do so.

Comment

Working...
                      X