Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo's Facebook is saying he's close to fighting Mayweather.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
    Floyd is stationary when he punches now. His accuracy against Cotto was awful for Mayweather standards, he isn't the same fighter as he was when he fought Oscar at 154. Add to the fact that he wouldn't have fought for a full year when he fights on May 4th, this is definitely not a 'tune up' fight. It will be competitive and Canelo might be able to hurt Floyd.

Floyd is not the same fighter as he was when he fought JMM and Ricky Hatton, he doesn't move nearly as much which is a huge detriment for fighting guys with 1-punch KO power like Canelo, especially when Floyd most likely won't be able to hurt him with single shots

What's the deal with this fascination of Floyd Mayweather, people act like the guy has found the fountain of youth and will never age or recess in speed or ability, just wait.. you will see what I'm talking about when he fights on May 4th, I don't care who the opponent is. And people will be here acting all surprised at what they saw, I've been saying this since after the Ortiz fight
    Mayweather wants two fights in 2012. He can have a tune up then take Canelo next.

Comment

• Originally posted by croz View Post
      Mayweather wants two fights in 2012. He can have a tune up then take Canelo next.
      Mayweather isn't known for tune-ups, and I doubt he'll start now.

Comment

• Based on Floyds two fights at 154 he will really need to work on his strength
        This is a great fight,Canelo is tough,strong and throws good combos
        A bit flat footed but Floyd is getting old and slowing down
        Hopefully it happens then Martinez next

Comment

• I'm sorry, but I wanted Canelo to get a win or two over the likes of Trout, Angulo, Kirkland, Lara/Vanes, top 154 lb fighters first.

As it stands right now, it's a decent win for Floyd. If this happens in May, than the hope would be that Canelo went on to do something in his career after.

Comment

• I'd much rather see Mayweather vs Canelo than Guerrero.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
              church!!!...this thread is YOURS homie!!...keep schooling 'em!!
              Ha we'll it ain't hard to see that Canelo is not proven. When your best win Is Ryan Rhodes and your 2012 consisted of fighting the worst version of Mosley we've ever seen and a junior welterweight then your a Big question mark.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                If Floyd fights Guerrero I'll be disappointed, even though Guerrero is more accomplished than Alvarez and isn't actually a bad fight, all things considered. But it's not worth $70 and isn't the sort of fight Mayweather should be pursuing right now unless he plans to fight several more times at a high level.

Alvarez will make for big numbers on May 4th. Furthermore, he is a stern stern test; a young, confident, powerful opponent against a 36yr old, inactive fighter who has never looked quite as good at 154lbs. Why wait till September?
                The most trouble Floyd had in those fights was the jab from both guys Canelo doesn't use that effectively. I think you said in another thread a while back that the fighter who was gonna beat Floyd was the guy who had younger legs and could move against Floyd I don't think Canelo is gonna fight from the outside.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                  I'm so ready for this fight to be over with. Hopefully this will be where Canelo's matchmaking starts to head in a better direction. If he wins, a rematch will happen. If he loses, he'll have to fight Trout/Lara/Vanes/Molina.
                  If he loses his competition probably stays about the same older fighters or guys in weight classes below.

Comment

• Originally posted by -KING- View Post
                    if im in floyds camp im telling him to stay off the damn ropes in this fight. This fight is very similar to martinez-chavez jr if floyds legs can still go a good 12 rounds hes got this fight easy if not then it gets interesting.
                    except canelo knows how to box and has speed and power.

Comment

• Originally posted by $ j-210 $ View Post
                      yet you like Canelo who hasn't really beaten anybody... interesting tbh
                      He's shown me way more than Trout has.

Why do I have to type out obvious ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X