Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo's Facebook is saying he's close to fighting Mayweather.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is one of the first Mayweather fights where I've had it close to 50/50 in a while. Canelo has a better chance than some think.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
      .......................AND..........Floyd's lack of legs and tendency to lay on the ropes to save energy.
      Floyd's "lack of legs" completely shut out the guy in your avatar. Made JMM look like his boots were super glued to the canvas. You're mistaken.

Comment

• Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
        Floyd's "lack of legs" completely shut out the guy in your avatar. Made JMM look like his boots were super glued to the canvas. You're mistaken.
        That happened in 2009. Floyd is a flat footed fighter now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
          That happened in 2009. Floyd is a flat footed fighter now.
          Pffft. Ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by Someone88 View Post
            This is one of the first Mayweather fights where I've had it close to 50/50 in a while. Canelo has a better chance than some think.
            Yes. This is not even about Canelo for me. It's mainly about Mayweather, whether he still has it or not. Cotto will beat Mayweather in a rematch, imho. You all saw the fight. Cotto's glaring mistake was staying too long in the middle of the ring. Pressure, pressure, pressure...take every opportunity to push Floyd on the ropes.

This is a test for both.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2501 View Post
              According to his twitter, it's a done deal for May 4th
              i don't see it

Comment

• floyd ducked manny in order to save his 0 just to give it to canelo? i guess when your time is up you give your star power to the next golden boy fighter and they start a whole new racket of crappy ppv fights and ducking. great business plan. oscar---->floyd---->canelo---->

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha & Omega View Post
                  Floyd is my fav fighter but I think Canelo has a good chance of winning actually. As I said, people keep underestimating Canelo and I think his youth, solid boxing skills and strength will be tough for Floyd to overcome. I am still going with Floyd by close decision but this is a dangerous one. Floyd is 36 years old and has slowed down, also Canelo is hugely popular so, winning a decision is far from guaranteed. I definitely think Canelo is more of a threat than Guerrero is. Personally I think Floyd needs to go back to WW, he is not really a JMW and he is going to lose if he keeps fighting bigger stronger guys.
                  If Canelo wins, it doesn't matter. It would just mean it's time for Floyd to leave the sport. He'll be 36 and win or lose, it's time for him to retire. I love Floyd's fight, even now that he's past prime, he's still giving us exciting fights. But he needs to retire after his two fights in 2013.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lazerjab View Post
                    Bad move for Canelo. He is way to young in the developemental process of his career. From a Lopez to Mayweather its not good.

Canelo doesnt get punched that much but I think he has not a very good chin since Cottos brother shook him.

Mayweather has underated power.

Bad Move imo of Canelo although I go for Canelo!

WAR CANELO!!!!
                    A bad career move would be canelo fighting martinez. If he fights mayweather no way in hell is he taking a beating. He might lose a decision but if any one is getting knocked out its may. No shame if he lost by dec to mayweather

Comment

• I really wanted Canelo fight to get a good win or two first. As it stands, this would be a decent win right now for Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                      X