Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Larry Merchant Ends His HBO Run This Saturday Night

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the few commentators for any sport who really can't be replaced. It's unfortunate that the mainstream sports media are so intent on relegating boxing to fringe status -- Larry probably won't ever get his due. One of the true greats. Gonna miss him.

Comment

God bless Larry Merchant. What can you say? Its the end of an era. HBO boxing and boxing in general will never be the same again. Larry is God.

Comment

Larry Merchant and Emmanuel Steward were at times grumpy old men that took the excitement out of a fight. Now with Max and Roy coming in we should get better commentary that makes you wanna watch an event instead of the grumpy *****ing and moaning. Showtimes guys never complain and often liven up a fight. Now HBO has gotten better IMO.

Comment

Larry Merchant was simply the best. A legend, he can never be replaced.

I'm actually shaking my head knowing that Roy Jones and Max Kellerman put together won't make up for the loss of Merchant.
          Last edited by thuggery; 12-13-2012, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Christmas has come early this year !

Comment

I'm not at all surprised at the people hating in this thread. He was unbiased and called things like they were and somehow he's "racist" towards black boxers or has an agenda. You are pathetic.
              Last edited by thuggery; 12-13-2012, 08:16 PM.

Comment

now that pacman has been knocked out what is the point continuing, am i right larry?

Comment

last of the mohican

Larry at times was a old bitter a**hole but that's what made him likable. He actually challenged the fighters with tough questions and it made compelling tv. My favorite was after Roy Jones beat Montell Griffin lol classic!

Comment

It doesn't feel like a big fight if Merchant isn't commentating.

Kellerman makes everything feel like a B.A.D. event.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
                      I'm not at all surprised at the people hating in this thread. He was unbiased and called things like they were and somehow he's "racist" towards black boxers or has an agenda. You are pathetic.
                      Reported for having a pathetic agenda.

Comment

Working...
                      X