No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Larry Merchant Ends His HBO Run This Saturday Night

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good riddance !!!!

bout time they got rid of this horrible piece of crap.
    dont stop there, get rid of lampley too.

2 down, merchant & steward, 3 more to go, lampley kellerman and lederman
    the HBO team is without a doubt the worst.
    listening to them is like listening to a gay male ****o

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
      sad to see him go...he gave us a lot of memorable one-liners...
      And one of my favorite lines after Andrew "Six Heads" Lewis got knocked out :

"Andrew has six heads but no chin"

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post

"Fernando Vargas may have had a six pack in his stomach, he did not have a six pack in his chin."

Comment

They say these things come in threes. Merchant first, Sulaiman and Arum next?

Too good to be true.

Comment

I wonder if this has anything to do with his performances as of late. You can tell Lampley has become increasingly impatient with his commentary and difficulty in keeping up with the action.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
              damn , larry you will be missed...expect hbo boxing to have lower standards now..

larry was hard to please , thats why standards were high
              ....i see a lot of more nuthuggin in the future
              Yeah because Larry was the deciding factor on whether or not a fighter was good right? give me a break

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                Sad day, Larry was never biased and just called it how it was. Thats what I liked. Now we gonna have lampley and kellerman both of who are nuthuggers and bend the truth to fit their agenda. Jones jr is alright but he just talks play by play no match for kellerman and lampley to overthrow.
                Seriously?

Comment

C´mon old man, Pac´s destruction is not the end of the world.

Comment

Thought I would be happy to see this day come...BUT I AM NOT! Going to be kinda weird watching HBO fights without Merchant and Steward in 2013

Merchant is/was great at what he does, regardless if I did not agree with the stuff that comes out of his mouth 99% of the time...he was entertaining and he brought drama to the Broadcasting Booth, but yeah I do think it is time to start making Changes at HBO

Kellerman and Roy Jones will do just fine IMO...Lampley can stay for a few more years even though he can be very annoying at times with his Bias BS as well but to me he is still the best boxing commentator in the business

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                      "Fernando Vargas may have had a six pack in his stomach, he did not have a six pack in his chin."
                      lol! those lines are epic! that's what I like about him...

Comment

Working...
                      X