Comments Thread For: Sources: Poonsawat Reportedly Tests Positive For HIV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
    http://www.thebody.com/content/art32330.html

These idiots can post nonsense from AIDS denialist websites and talk about the superior absorption power of the rectum all they want. The statistics don't back it up.
    Are you telling me that "statistically" the probability of a ****sexual having unprotected sex with and infected partner is the same as a heterosexual having unprotected sex with a infected partner ?.... I gotta hear this

Comment

• Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
      http://www.thebody.com/content/art32330.html

These idiots can post nonsense from AIDS denialist websites and talk about the superior absorption power of the rectum all they want. The statistics don't back it up.
      I don't really support the website or anything but based on what is known about hiv it is true that ****sexual sex is an easier way to spread the virus than heterosexual sex. That's pretty much regarded as a fact. Not that u can't get it the other way as well...

Comment

• Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
        There were rumors about magics sexual orientation prior to him coming up hiv positive so I also wouldn't doubt it.
        Thanks for the link, it was a good read.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chups View Post
          Thanks for the link, it was a good read.
          Come on man I'm not doing the leg work for you. What's it take a nanosecond on google.

Comment

• Originally posted by el*** View Post
            Its reality but something they never want to say in worthless sex ed programs. Just like they try to downplay that alcohol can lower your cholesterol or that trying drugs a few times does not doom you to a life as a homeless prostitute runaway.
            I know much of what you're saying is accurate. But one of the major reasons the powers-that-be paint such a scary picture is because the average person can't be trusted to make consistently sound decisions. We're bombarded by stories and images of countless ruined lives, yet people insist on trying the very drugs that caused the destruction in the first place. How much worse would it be if the authorities didn't portray such a bleak picture?

Comment

• Originally posted by paulf View Post
              Tommy is still a user and got arrested just in the last few years strung out. I read an interview with him where he said he could teleport out of bad situations. He's bonkers.

I've researched his HIV claims pretty thoroughly. While he has managed to get his hands on some tests from Maryland that claim he tested negative, he still refuses to take a test for an athletic commission. A couple years back he was trying to use Maryland tests to get a license, and causing a stir in the media over it, eventually the Nevada commission made a public statement saying they would test him again, and he refused saying that they would just falsify his test again.

Guy is delusional.
              I read some stuff about Tommy a few months ago. I truly feel sorry for him. He's lost it, and he looks it, too. Sad, sad, sad....

Comment

• Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
                Are you telling me that "statistically" the probability of a ****sexual having unprotected sex with and infected partner is the same as a heterosexual having unprotected sex with a infected partner ?.... I gotta hear this
                **** sex is considered to be more efficient at transmitting the virus. With that said:

Worldwide, the majority of cases of HIV transmission are associated to heterosexual intercourse: more than 75% of 40 million estimated cases. Depending on different variables (social, economic, behavioral), rates of infection will be higher among certain populations in certain regions.

In the United States, the highest number of cases of HIV transmission is among men who have sex with men. The reasons why this is the case in the U.S. are complicated to outline here; one important variable to consider is that, at least in the U.S., HIV disproporionately affects oppressed groups of people (gay men, injection drug users, people of color, women of color).

Transmission of HIV does not rely solely on "lifestyle" (I have a problem with that term: it's judgmental. A better term might be behavior, but even that carries judgmental overtones). Plenty of heterosexual people in the U.S. have **** sex with each other, and are at much less risk for HIV infection than gay men having **** sex. If that same heterosexual person had **** sex in, say, sub-Saharan Africa where the rates of infection among heterosexuals are much higher, the odds of that person getting infected with HIV increase tremendously.

**** sex is considered to be a more efficient way to transmit HIV than ******* sex, but transmission through ******* sex is still pretty efficient. Other factors, like STD prevalence and circumcision, may account for differences in heterosexual transmission between the U.S. and sub-Saharan Africa.
                http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Q139763.html

My problem is you're trying to make this into "the gay disease" and posting stuff from bull**** sources who use pseudoscience, ignorance, and fear-mongering.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                  Maybe PEDs gave him HIV?

Like, maybe he was increasing his 'roid dosage this cycle because the fight is so significant, but his testosterone skyrocketed, causing him to become too alpha. Then maybe the only cure to bring his T level down before the blood tests was to have an ungodly amount of sex with cheap prostitutes, leading to him catching teh AIDS in an effort to conceal his PED usage.

It seriously wouldn't surprise me if some of the teenaged NSB "PED experts" thought this was a good post.
                  Really though? I hope this is a joke. Sex boosts testosterone for one and besides that none of this makes sense

Comment

• This is sad news to hear though. Hope he is able to live with it like Magic

Comment

• Not Real !!

Comment

Working...
                      X