Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Prince Nas stop fighting to early?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
    Nas had a chance to take out Morales, he wasnt ready for Barrera though

The fact is Nas didnt take training serious anymore, his hands were brittle.

However lets not kid ourselves, when the kid trained hard and was on his A game, he could be a problem for anyone, that power would break the strongest chin, he came from angles which no boxer would hit shots from and his reflexes were out of this world

Barrera didnt fight the best Naz, i can say that 100%, but that isnt Barreras fault, thats Naz fault for not eating and sleeping boxing and just relying on his natural skill and power to snatch him the win. Naz had fallen out of love with boxing few fights leading up to the clash with Barrera
    Whether or not Barrera fought the best Naz is irrelevant. The fact of the matter is when Naz hit Barrera clean nothing happened. He might be able to knock Barrera out but I still suspect Barrera would outbox any version of the prince tbh. Just a much smarter boxer overall and much better skilled.

Comment

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
      This is in no way a racist comment , but in my country we have alot of refuges from muslim countries.
      Many of them have what I would call a inflated ego, it has something to do with there opbringing, where musil boys gets no rules and musil girls get very strict roles.
      What that means is that the boys ither think there are Gods or the completly lose there beleife in them self.
      The parents dont teach that with hard work and dedication comes succes, instead the get thourgt that the are prince and better the all other people.
      It has something to do with the husband not being part of the upbringing.
      Its not all muslims that are like that, but many musilm boys frm the middeleast get that type of upbringing
      Probably the most ignorant thing you said was when you thought Muslim countries had a particular race...

On topic, Naz's retirement was probably due to a few factors, the loss may have affected him psychologically, his hands (understandably) mustve been a problem for someone who hit as hard as him, as others said he'd fallen out of love with training for a few fights, and also lets not forget he was (and still is i believe) a rich mofo. He didnt need to fight for money anymore and he had a family.

A combination of these probably led him to retire young. Amazing career while it lasted though. Will never tire of watching his highlight reels.

Comment

Having a lot of money + Lack of interest in the sport + Sport is detrimental to health = Retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
          This is in no way a racist comment , but in my country we have alot of refuges from muslim countries.
          Many of them have what I would call a inflated ego, it has something to do with there opbringing, where musil boys gets no rules and musil girls get very strict roles.
          What that means is that the boys ither think there are Gods or the completly lose there beleife in them self.
          The parents dont teach that with hard work and dedication comes succes, instead the get thourgt that the are prince and better the all other people.
          It has something to do with the husband not being part of the upbringing.
          Its not all muslims that are like that, but many musilm boys frm the middeleast get that type of upbringing
          that makes no sense at all, that is probably the worst comment I have seen in history.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
            he realized he made a career fighting bums and was way over hype and it was only going to get tougher after barrera so he busted a mayweather and retire but unlike mayweather dude had some class and stayed retired.
            Remember when Michael Jordan retired to duck the the knicks?

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
              He didn't want to fight anymore, the fight leading up to and including Barrera he wasn't interested in training and thought he could just go in and hurt them with one shot. I think he realised he couldn't compete with the best without giving his all in training, he didn't have the desire to do it so retired. It's a shame imagine a fully motivated Nas against Pacquiao, Morales, JMM, Barrera. We missed out on a lot of good fights.
              This right here. He simply didn't want to do it any more and go to the next level of training that was required to beat those top guys.

He made a lot of money and was very famous. Losing that 0 affected his over all aura comming into future fights

Comment

It was clear when he left ingle fame had gotten to his head,
                His last few fights he had bad training camps and struggled to make weight alot of the time,
                His ego became so big that he neglected training, he thought he could literally go out and ko whoever he wanted whenever he wanted therefore preparing for 12 rounds didn't make sense to him.

He defiantly did struggle with his hands, he broke them in most fights due to the power he was generating.

He also started making alot of money outside of boxing and still does to this day as he invested alot of money into oil in Yemen (his native country.)

Comment

I posted a video in Boxing History, it's worth a watch.

Comment

When he got beat by Barrera it destroyed him. He thought he was the best boxer to ever lace them up.His whole image inside and outside his head was blown.

It's complete nonsense to say that he could not be bothered training, or he was rich enough, or his hands were all over. The fact is he fought a great fighter and came up short. He was not as good as he thought he was. When he stepped up and fought better fighters he struggled, then he fought an elite fighter and got beat.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                      whats that got to do with anything you bloody moron, what are u even talking about lmao

his wife is white by the way
                      Haha I was thinking the exact same thing.

Very stupid statement.

Comment

Working...
                      X