Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IF Floyd ends his career with Canelo/Martinez...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he fights canelo or Martinez then he wont have a choice, his career will be ended for him.

Comment

Originally posted by realheavyhands View Post
      i wouldnt fight martinez if i were floyd .. its too big of a risk.. he should still fight pacquioa
      the pacquiao fight can still happen but pac has no levi in the contract,thats what i believe pac lost when he got beat off of marquez but floyd will probably say that pacquiao is old news and fight someone who has never even fought a top elite fighter

Comment

Originally posted by Architect View Post
        If Mayweather was a natural MW he would dominate Martinez. There is no reason for Mayweather to fight Martinez. I agree with you, Floyd needs to stay at 147lbs and pick all of these guys off.
        And this is why Floyd will never measure up to a guy like Hands of Stone.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
          I have no choice, but to call him the greatest boxer of this ERA.

IF Floyd, fights and beats Canelo, then goes onto fight, AND beat Sergio Martinez, no boxing fan, casual or die hard can deny his status as the greatest boxer/fighter of this ERA.
          1) Fighting Canelo means zip.
          2) Floyd isn't retiring until he's 50, the man is a ******** addict and a spendthrift.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
            I some what agree, BUT, at this point, Floyd HAS to have a career defining fight. One that would truly cement his status as the greatest boxer/fighter of this ERA.

I totally understand that Floyd at 154, isn't the same fighter (in terms of speed, power, movement, etc), BUT, because of the moves that he's pulled in his career, he NEEDS this fight to be considered the GREATEST OF THIS ERA.

I hold Floyd to a much higher standard than most fighters, so I expect him to take on this challenge, and have success. IF he beats Canelo/Martinez, I will never ever again criticize him as a fighter, or his career, and all time status.
            The thing with Floyd is he dont fight much, people always say he is favourite. So if he is favourite why isnt he fighting regularly and beating the people he is favourite against 3 times a year? Is it cos he is favourite he dont have to fight often, what kind of sense is that?

Why cant he fight Canelo, Sergio, Pac in the same year if he is favourite? Then people say there is no fight where Floyd wouldnt be favourite. Then if you ask him to fight Sergio at 154 they say thats not Floyds best weight excuses? Well Sergio would be draining himself down to that so that arguably isnt Sergios best weight either right now, until Sergio proves otherwise.

Floyd and his fans are full of excuses, they think they got all areas covered with the excuses. If Floyd fights and beats Canelo and Sergio it dont make hin the best this era. It might in some peoples eyes but one step at a time with Floyd. Lets see him do it then we can discuss. No blanket statements please.

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
              i think EVERYBODY who wants Floyd to fight Sergio at 154-160 is of the mindset that nobody at 154 and below can beat him and he needs to challenge himself

if that isn't their reason, they simply are haters and want to see him lose and are merely stacking the chips against him. if he beats sergio at 154-160, they'll be wanting him to fight Ward at 160-168

realistically, who can floyd fight at 147 or 154 that would silence his critics? bradley? guerrero? canelo? trout? K9? Maidana? Alexander?

you have people who ***** about him not being more active, but if he were to fight 2-3x a year you would have to include some not-so-great talent in that pool of opponents. nobody fights world beaters in every single fight. so if he's gonna fight twice a year, who in his weight division (between 147-154) should he fight to silence his critics/haters? Sergio Martinez weighs about 167-168 on fight night in his MW fights. Floyd "blows up" to about 148-150 at 147 or 154. So you're looking at almost 20 pounds difference on fight night assuming they were to fight at 160. if they fought at 154, I'd guess Sergio would still be over 160, maybe around 163-164 (just a guess on my part, he could theoretically even make it back to 168), which would be 14lbs on the low end, 18 on the high end

Martinez would be favored against Mayweather at 160, and a lot of people say it's a pick-em fight at 154 (I think Martinez beats him at 154 also), and this is the primary reason why people want Floyd to fight Martinez. Do I want to see the fight? hell yeah, because I don't give a **** if he loses unlike ***** nation, but it wouldn't be a fight between two men of equal size and strength
              This^^^^^^^ so we can silence the talk about him not being the Greatest of this ERA because all the evidenve shows he is.
              Its just Superman syndrome. People want nothing less that world domination from the man of steel. if he defeats Spiderman then they'll say he didnt beat Batman, if he beats Batman they'll say he didnt fight The Hulk. It wont stop and because he's Superman everyone thinks its ok to hold him to these crazy standards that mere mortals are not held up to. They wouldve been called a mere mortal the greatest under the same circumstances.
              Just saying

Comment

Originally posted by blacraven View Post
                This^^^^^^^ so we can silence the talk about him not being the Greatest of this ERA because all the evidenve shows he is.
                Its just Superman syndrome. People want nothing less that world domination from the man of steel. if he defeats Spiderman then they'll say he didnt beat Batman, if he beats Batman they'll say he didnt fight The Hulk. It wont stop and because he's Superman everyone thinks its ok to hold him to these crazy standards that mere mortals are not held up to. They wouldve been called a mere mortal the greatest under the same circumstances.
                Just saying
                Everyone thinks Floyds mortal and an underacheiver. You ask him to fight sergio at 154 then floydies come out of the woodwork crying Floyds a 147 guy.

Floyd also wont fight regularly guys he favourite to beat. Fighting once every one or two years when he isnt in retirement mode. Pac was favourite against everyone he fought as well, and he fought often given underdogs the chance to upset him like JMM did.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                  Everyone thinks Floyds mortal and an underacheiver. You ask him to fight sergio at 154 then floydies come out of the woodwork crying Floyds a 147 guy.

Floyd also wont fight regularly guys he favourite to beat. Fighting once every one or two years when he isnt in retirement mode. Pac was favourite against everyone he fought as well, and he fought often given underdogs the chance to upset him like JMM did.
                  Pac is a worker, he gets told that hes fighting, im pretty sure that he has a say, but hes not his own boss and top rank will line that up for him. Floyd is more like a dictator and likes to dictate so he does it on his own terms. hes like whatever, ive given the sport my whole life so im gonna enjoy the spoils while im still young and healthy enough to do so. i dont really knock him for that. hes late in his career so i think he can take it easy if he wants. hes not in his 20s anymore. In life period you slow down a bit as you age so whats the difference?
                  thats why i said its the Superman syndrome

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    that's because fighting a 154 guy at 154 isn't the same as fighting a 160 guy at 154. just because the "weight class" is 154, doesn't mean the 160 guy coming down to 154 will hit like a 154lb guy. Sergio might be a small 160 but he's still a regular 160, and his bone structure suggests this. Floyd fighting Martinez at 154 proves nothing, other than he's risking getting knocked the **** out because he fought a guy who's naturally two divisions above him

again, fighting sergio at 154 isn't the same as fighting Trout or Canelo at 154, Sergio is a natural middleweight and has power at middleweight

the standards of the haters is truly ridiculous. why aren't you people campaigning for Floyd to fight guys in his own weight division(s)? the last I checked, every single non-top rank opponent at 147-154 that has been mentioned for Floyd to fight, has been shot down by all of the mayweather haters for no single good reason other than it's "a mismatch". how the **** is that floyd's fault? you should be giving the guy props for being better than everyone in his division rather than forcing him out of his division into fights he's unlikely to win. it really shows your hatred for the guy

Comment

Don't worry, he will never fight Martinez unless it's at 147.....

Floyd has shown signs of decline just like Cotto and Pac so people need to realize that the guy isn't unbeatable. He carefully chooses who he fights and when he fights them to maintain the 0.

He will fight the smaller Guerrero and then entertain a Canelo fight at 147.
                      Last edited by mathed; 12-13-2012, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X