Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IF Floyd ends his career with Canelo/Martinez...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
    If Floyd beat Martinez, the value from beating Canelo's a$$ wouldn't be much
    this^^^^^^^

he beats Nelo...so what!!!...who has Nelo beat?!?...now Maravilla is a different bracket...if Floyd can add his name to his resume...its a big deal....Bradley holds more value than Nelo imo

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
      this^^^^^^^

he beats Nelo...so what!!!...who has Nelo beat?!?...now Maravilla is a different bracket...if Floyd can add his name to his resume...its a big deal....Bradley holds more value than Nelo imo
      Bradley does, I agree

Comment

Originally posted by Architect View Post
        Wait who has Canelo defeated to get a shot at Mayweather? He hasnt even faced the top guys @154lbs. Boxing fans are so gullible and fed with hype. If Canelo was an Irish Kid who was managed by Frank Warren and had the same resume nobody would be clamoring for him to fight Mayweather. Oscar has done a great job at marketing Canelo and building up him, guiding him safely. He needs to fight Cotto before he earns the right to fight Mayweather. If Mayweather fought him and dominated him everyone would say he was green and he hasnt beat anyone.

Martinez? Dude is a Middleweight who started at 147lbs and now comes into fights weighing 170lbs. Its clear to any rational & knowledgable fan that Mayweather at 154lbs is very effective because of his natural physical gifts and skills but he isnt the same Floyd @147lbs. Why are people wanting Mayweather who has only fought at 154lbs twice, once in 2007 and most recently 2012 to fight Martinez whos last 5 fights have been @160lbs. Floyd has never even fought at 160lbs and people say he is ducking Martinez If Mayweather fought at 160lbs that would be his 6th weight class, If Martinez fought at 168lbs that would be his 4th weight class, why doesnt Martinez do what Floyd has done and just simply move up to his 5th weight class and challenge 168lb fighters? People say Mayweather is a coward and has ducked every fighter, they say Martinez should be higher on the p4p list yet they dont want Martinez to fight another P4P fighter like Andre Ward. Has Martinez even defeated a fighter who was on the P4P list? People want to see Mayweather lose so bad that they want him to fight guys 2 weight classes above him and get outweighed by a bigger fighter by almost 20lbs at a weight that hes never fougth at

Mayweather is 35 years old & yes he is the best fighter in the sport but he isnt superman, Mayweather is most effective at 147lbs. People dont want to see him fight at the weight that he is at his best at because they all know that NOBODY at 147lbs has a chance to beat Mayweather, even at this stage of his career, none of these guys will crack the Mayweather Defensive Code.

Martinez has called out Pac and everyone said Pac is too small for Martinez but just because Floyd is bigger than Pacquiao doesnt mean he still isnt smaller than Martinez. Floyd is so Great that people want him to fight guys that are just bigger than him so they can see him lose, they want him to be at an uncomfortable weight which would be his only weakness when compared to 160lbs fighters. If Mayweather was a natural MW he would dominate everyone at MW in this era.
        This^^^^
        This is so much common sense, the funny thing is no one seems to understand this. Or is voluntarily blinding themselves with delusions and lies.
        How could he not be an ATG? But yet hes so good that no one will give him props unless he fights a MW because no one alive in his weight class can beat him? and people say they have common sense and they have all this boxing knowledge and are not just hating, etc... YEAH RIGHT
        Last edited by blacraven; 12-13-2012, 05:57 AM.

Comment

If Mayweather beats Martinez, theres always the getting old, and weight drained excuses over that fight. Martinez just had surgery so I guess it does hold some clout. So the Canelo fight would be relevant.

Even if Mayweather beats both, nothing can rid the fact he ducked and avoided Pacquiao like the plague.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
            If Mayweather beats Martinez, theres always the getting old, and weight drained excuses over that fight. Martinez just had surgery so I guess it does hold some clout. So the Canelo fight would be relevant.

Even if Mayweather beats both, nothing can rid the fact he ducked and avoided Pacquiao like the plague.
            This is true, it's sad that he did that to himself but at least he gets to keep the 0 and health or whatever it is that he was campaigning. He won't fight Sergio...

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
              i dont think the Martinez fight is optional, Sergio will have to drain himself and it aint Floyds natural weight,i also think Sergio will have the advantage being more powerful, realistically its a big ask for Floyd, i personally think he will lose and that still takes nothing away from him

He should stick to 147, and fight whoever brings the game including Alverez
              i think EVERYBODY who wants Floyd to fight Sergio at 154-160 is of the mindset that nobody at 154 and below can beat him and he needs to challenge himself

if that isn't their reason, they simply are haters and want to see him lose and are merely stacking the chips against him. if he beats sergio at 154-160, they'll be wanting him to fight Ward at 160-168

realistically, who can floyd fight at 147 or 154 that would silence his critics? bradley? guerrero? canelo? trout? K9? Maidana? Alexander?

you have people who ***** about him not being more active, but if he were to fight 2-3x a year you would have to include some not-so-great talent in that pool of opponents. nobody fights world beaters in every single fight. so if he's gonna fight twice a year, who in his weight division (between 147-154) should he fight to silence his critics/haters? Sergio Martinez weighs about 167-168 on fight night in his MW fights. Floyd "blows up" to about 148-150 at 147 or 154. So you're looking at almost 20 pounds difference on fight night assuming they were to fight at 160. if they fought at 154, I'd guess Sergio would still be over 160, maybe around 163-164 (just a guess on my part, he could theoretically even make it back to 168), which would be 14lbs on the low end, 18 on the high end

Martinez would be favored against Mayweather at 160, and a lot of people say it's a pick-em fight at 154 (I think Martinez beats him at 154 also), and this is the primary reason why people want Floyd to fight Martinez. Do I want to see the fight? hell yeah, because I don't give a **** if he loses unlike ***** nation, but it wouldn't be a fight between two men of equal size and strength

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                why wouldn't martinez be able to outbox mayweather? he has much better foot movement,, is much taller and longer and mayweather almost always comes forward against southpaws. he has to get off first because his defense is leaky against straight lefts. if he sits back he gets punished like against zab or even lil sharmba mitchell who landed at will.even if they were the same size it would be a very tough fight. mayweather didn't want any part of casamayor who is a slick southpaw. he will never fight someone even bigger and better. woops i wandered into the fantasy fight breakdown of a fight that will never happen. i meant mayweather wins by default.
                when I think of a fight between Martinez and Mayweather, the first thing that comes to mind is RJJ vs Toney, eventually stationary superb defense stops being effective against lots of angles and punches you don't see coming

Comment

I'm not convinced Mayweather belongs at 154.

Comment

i wouldnt fight martinez if i were floyd .. its too big of a risk.. he should still fight pacquioa

Comment

floyd simply cant be regarded as the best of his era he hasnt fought all competition that has been available to him.that is the only reason he cant be considered the best of his era,he makes way to much excuses which is a shame for us fans

Comment

Working...
                      X