No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner vs. Abril in Talks For February 16th on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    No need to rush. Only thing on his agenda for 2013 is to clean out 135. Abril, Burns, Vasquez in that order. Skipping a weight division after only one fight is senseless and poor managing of a young fighter on the rise.

This will be a good challenge for him. And c'mon son, Abril makes DeMarco look foolish.

I think you exaggerating a little here. Broner has no tape on a guy that fights like Abril so none of us really now how he will deal with a taller fighter that moves and boxes. But what we do know is that Broner isn't afraid to bang at the body and that's definitely something he will need to unleash against a fighter like Abril. And let's be real, Abril hasn't faced a fighter like Broner either.

Abril is a very slick boxer but you making him out to be the greatest thing since sliced bread.
    Your comment is better than the rest! These guys see Broner's sklls, and they forget that styles make fights! They think that Broner just gonna walk through him! I can see Broner flustered all night myself. You have a point with the body shots, but Broner really sits on them from the insides! I dont see him doing too much damage with them from the outsides, me personally! I feel you know boxing tho! They dont get it; STYLES MAKE FIGHTS

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
      I dont even dislike Broner, but he doesnt use footwork, he is flatfooted, and walks guys down! I never compared Abril's sklls to Trouts! I said The fight will be like Trout vs Cotto! A short guy running into shots, and a tall defensive jabber backing up and have him running into shots! This fight is easy as hell bro! I dont hate Broner, nor do I care too much for him, but He is an excellent inside fighter, but dont use his footwork! Your a broner groupie, Im not a groupie for no fighter! Im a boxing fan and Im not biased like you.
      I'm no groupie of anyone fool in fact I've always said Broner had terrible footwork in previous posts so your talking out your behind but Abril ain't going to be the one to beat Broner, you're the one making yourself look stupid talking about Broner is too small when Abril lost to Hank Lundy who is the same size If not smaller than Broner. Abril is headed for his 4th loss flat footed and all..

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
        I'm no groupie of anyone fool in fact I've always said Broner had terrible footwork in previous posts so your talking out your behind but Abril ain't going to be the one to beat Broner, you're the one making yourself look stupid talking about Broner is too small when Abril lost to Hank Lundy who is the same size If not smaller than Broner. Abril is headed for his 4th loss flat footed and all..
        I think you got it confused, Abril is not the flatfootd one, Broner is! Hank likes to play defense, Broner likes to walk you down! Learn your boxing young man! Abril will deal with that style easy! Like I said before...It will be like the first round against DemarcoQ Go look at that first round vs demarco! Abril has already watched Broner, and sees what needs to be done! Every opponent isnt the same, and Abril knows, has the style to beat broner! Broner can fight square bums but not fighters with some skills, and advantages.

Comment

Your comment is better than the rest! These guys see Broner's sklls, and they forget that styles make fights! They think that Broner just gonna walk through him! I can see Broner flustered all night myself. You have a point with the body shots, but Broner really sits on them from the insides! I dont see him doing too much damage with them from the outsides, me personally! I feel you know boxing tho! They dont get it; STYLES MAKE FIGHTS
          No you don't get it.. because of the fact that styles make fights Abril looked good against the one dimensional brawler Rios, you say style makes fights then one would think you would be smart enough to do your research an find that the last time Abril faced anyone that can actually box and is a bit more dynamic like a Broner in Lundy, he lost. Coming on here talking like you know boxing when you really DKS!

Comment

No you don't get it.. because of the fact that styles make fights Abril looked good against the one dimensional brawler Rios, you say style makes fights then one would think you would be smart enough to do your research an find that the last time Abril faced anyone that can actually box and is a bit more dynamic like a Broner in Lundy, he lost. Coming on here talking like you know boxing when you really DKS!
            BRONER CANT BOX MORON!!! Broner can only do great things on the inside! Against Ponce, he was horrible! once stayed on the outside! Abril not gonna be squared up! When the fight happens, then you'll learn boxing! Your one of Broner's twitter followers from his home town, that all of a sudden jumped on here going nuts for the guy! He's an amazing fighter, but can be beaten! When they fight, you'll then learn boxing.

Comment

I think you got it confused, Abril is not the flatfootd one, Broner is! Hank likes to play defense, Broner likes to walk you down! Learn your boxing young man! Abril will deal with that style easy! Like I said before...It will be like the first round against DemarcoQ Go look at that first round vs demarco! Abril has already watched Broner, and sees what needs to be done! Every opponent isnt the same, and Abril knows, has the style to beat broner! Broner can fight square bums but not fighters with some skills, and advantages.
              Wrong again dude, Hank Lundy's footwork is in fact worse then Broner's thats why he became Broner's sparring partner. The only advantage Abril will have is height. Speed, Power, Ability, all Broner. If Abril lost to Lundy he will for sure lose to Broner, likely by tech KO

Comment

BRONER CANT BOX MORON!!! Broner can only do great things on the inside! Against Ponce, he was horrible! once stayed on the outside! Abril not gonna be squared up! When the fight happens, then you'll learn boxing! Your one of Broner's twitter followers from his home town, that all of a sudden jumped on here going nuts for the guy! He's an amazing fighter, but can be beaten! When they fight, you'll then learn boxing.
                Yes Broner can be beat. Not by Abril. Abril lost to Lundy, who was Broner's sparring partner for Demarco. Why do you think GB wants Broner to face Abril of all people? Weak easy relatively safe fight. You say Broner can't box but RJJ called him a great boxer.

Comment

Wrong again dude, Hank Lundy's footwork is in fact worse then Broner's thats why he became Broner's sparring partner. The only advantage Abril will have is height. Speed, Power, Ability, all Broner. If Abril lost to Lundy he will for sure lose to Broner, likely by tech KO
                  When did I compare Hank's footwork's to Broner's? Hank is a defensive fighter! Broner is a flatfooted walk you down fighter! You have to fight him like a brawler, and box from the outside! You'll learn your boxing when the fight happens! Funny u brought up Hank, because I always felt he could give Broner problems! Broner cant land on defensive fighters! Look at the second to last round against Eloy. Eloy's baby-head-movement had Broner missing that whole round! I dont care about no sparring no nothing! Im not changing my mind! Period.

Comment

Yes Broner can be beat. Not by Abril. Abril lost to Lundy, who was Broner's sparring partner for Demarco. Why do you think GB wants Broner to face Abril of all people? Weak easy relatively safe fight. You say Broner can't box but RJJ called him a great boxer.
                    WOWWW RJJ Called him a GREAT boxer! Fool I think for myself, Roy Jones doesnt think for me, the guy is senile from all the KO's! I think Broner wants to test himself, thats why he picked Abril! Cuz he knows its no one else to fight, and At least Abril has skills, unlike Ricky Burns. Reply to one of my comments, and lets not keep doing this double comment thing.

Comment

When did I compare Hank's footwork's to Broner's? Hank is a defensive fighter! Broner is a flatfooted walk you down fighter! You have to fight him like a brawler, and box from the outside! You'll learn your boxing when the fight happens! Funny u brought up Hank, because I always felt he could give Broner problems! Broner cant land on defensive fighters! Look at the second to last round against Eloy. Eloy's baby-head-movement had Broner missing that whole round! I dont care about no sparring no nothing! Im not changing my mind! Period.
                      If Hank is so defensive then why does he keep getting KTFO?! Man GTFOH you get worse with every post. 0 Rep power so I guess I shouldn't expect much. Hank Lundy beat Abril then became Broner's sparring partner and during Broner's camp he was dropping sparring partners. Broner also spars with middleweights, just don't stray to far if the fight happens because you will see just how terrible you are at breaking down fights. Absolutely atrocious! I think Broner loses at 140 but these guys at 135 outside of Gamboa aren't a threat when Broner's coming into the ring at 150 pounds muscle.

Comment

Working...
                      X