No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner vs. Abril in Talks For February 16th on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Architect View Post
    Abril with 8 ko's is supposed to defeat the superior Broner? Broner is going to work this guy.
    Broner is flatfooted, and the way to beat him is to be taller, and run while boxing on the backfoot! Look at the first round vs Demarco, before he started brawling! Broner is going to get Frustrated, and be too small to deal with the style! Its going to be like cotto vs trout! One guy with a defensive style, using his jab and reach from the outside! You see Broner's inside fighting, power, speed, and skills, and u think he's unbeatable! Styles make fights, and you dont know boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      What's with people mentioning the amount of KO's a boxer has and assessing a match up with that statistic?

Like they don't know the bulk of most fighters' stoppages comes in the beginning of their careers anyway, against journeymen with losing records or decent records at best. Not many fighters are KO artists at the top level.
      I mentioned that because if you have 8 ko's I dont see the power. SO I dont see how he is going to trouble Broner, but hey you never know. You dont have to be a KO artist but against a superior technical defensive fighter like Broner, little power and lesser boxing skills are not the ingredients for a victory IMHO> But I am excited to see the fight.

Comment

Let's be real. Abril whipped Brandon Rios and made him look like a complete amateur. The fight wasn't even close.

In my mind the best 135-pounders are Richard Abril, Antonio Demarco, Adrien Broner, Miguel Vasquez and Ricky Burns. So it looks like Broner is well on his way to fighting almost all of those names and cleaning out the division.

How can anyone possibly have a problem with that? Is Mr. Fantastic hating on him just because he's black?
        Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 12-12-2012, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Good fight. Stylistically Abril is the only guy at weak ass 135 that can give broner problems.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
            Broner is flatfooted, and the way to beat him is to be taller, and run while boxing on the backfoot! Look at the first round vs Demarco, before he started brawling! Broner is going to get Frustrated, and be too small to deal with the style! Its going to be like cotto vs trout! One guy with a defensive style, using his jab and reach from the outside! You see Broner's inside fighting, power, speed, and skills, and u think he's unbeatable! Styles make fights, and you dont know boxing.
            Flat Footed? Wow

I dont know boxing because I believe the more powerful, faster, more talented, more defensive, better technical fighter is going to win a fight? Sheeesh, whats the criteria for knowing boxing these days?

When did I say Broner was unbeatable, I dont believe I did. And I dont think he is.

Comment

I will not waste my time watching another Abril fight as long as I live. Guy has the ugliest boxing style to watch....and yes I agree he beat Rios.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                I was expecting for the first page posters to be ecstatic about this fight. This is a very interesting match up, I can't believe people are actually talking down about this fight, that's crazy. Abril has a very difficult style. I can't believe NSB. This is a very good fight, I'm shocked. I was expecting Broner vs Burns, but this is just as good.
                I agree 100 percent! This fight is where we will find out how much skill adrien really has. His skill hasnt been tested since the ponce de leon fight. Hes been able to blow through everyone since ponce with his speed and power abril is probably the most skilled fighter he has fought.

Comment

Originally posted by Architect View Post
                  Flat Footed? Wow

I dont know boxing because I believe the more powerful, faster, more talented, more defensive, better technical fighter is going to win a fight? Sheeesh, whats the criteria for knowing boxing these days?

When did I say Broner was unbeatable, I dont believe I did. And I dont think he is.
                  When has Broner EVER used footwork to box and move? He fights flatfooted, and walks you down! Who cares about his skills, defense, power, whatever! Its all about the styles! Skills can win fights, but styles will MAKE fights! Broner's height disadvantage will be a MAJOR problem! It will be like Trout vs Cotto, with a small guy trying his hardest, and a tall slick jabber, moving backwards and having him run into shots like cake work! It will be like Gesta vs Vasquez almost! I dont even think it will be close, I think Broner will be very frustrated, and his ego wont be able to deal with it, so it will be FUNNY AS HELL to see him in that position! Yea he can hurt him, and may get a knock down or two, but for the most part get dominated.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    Let's be real. Abril whipped Brandon Rios and made him look like a complete amateur. The fight wasn't even close.

In my mind the best 135-pounders are Richard Abril, Antonio Demarco, Adrian Broner, Miguel Vasquez and Ricky Burns. So it looks like Broner is well on his way to fighting almost all of those names and cleaning out the division.
                    ^^^^^this! Abril then Burns then 140 vs a khan/garcia/matts and by turn of year be in top 5 P4P conversation.

Comment

Abril beat a brawler in Rios but Broner's style is totally different. He is more dynamic and a lot quicker than Rios, Abril's a bit too slow. Not in Broner's class. Bad fight imo.. Broner's ready for the big dawgs now, Abril is a step in the wrong direction he is on a level of Demarco, and Broner annihilated Demarco.

Comment

Working...
                      X