No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner vs. Abril in Talks For February 16th on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    I was expecting for the first page posters to be ecstatic about this fight. This is a very interesting match up, I can't believe people are actually talking down about this fight, that's crazy. Abril has a very difficult style. I can't believe NSB. This is a very good fight, I'm shocked. I was expecting Broner vs Burns, but this is just as good.
    I am hype for the fight but Abril has 8 Ko's I believe and we all know he isnt going to outbox Broner, other than a "lucky" punch I dont see him winning though it will be a high action fight.

Comment

I was expecting for the first page posters to be ecstatic about this fight. This is a very interesting match up, I can't believe people are actually talking down about this fight, that's crazy. Abril has a very difficult style. I can't believe NSB. This is a very good fight, I'm shocked. I was expecting Broner vs Burns, but this is just as good.
      This is exactly how I was thinking too, NSB likes to judge fighters by popularity instead of skill and styles,this is a very interesting matchup,lets see whose shoulder roll is better ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
        lol..........
        What's so funny? It's not a lie at all.

Comment

The first thing I thought of about this thread was how interesting it will be because of Abril's style. I never even thought of Rios, that's in the past. Yeah Abril got robbed but who cares. Some people were just born to argue. There's a lot of wasted talent here in the law industry. We have a lot of lawyers and attorneys here. Some people just can't give their take on how the fight may play out, they have to say something provocative.

I want to see Marquez vs Rios because I think it would be a great fight, Marquez-Diaz all over again. Never even thought of Rios gift against Abril. Same with this fight, Broner-Abril is an interesting match up. Some people just always want to e-fight and pick on fanbases.
          That's exactly what I was thinking too. Marquez vs. Rios at Cowboys stadium would be a crazy atmosphere. I was hoping Arum would go through with it because Rios was supposed to fight Pacquiao anyway.

But this is a damn good fight. Abril is an extremely slick boxer that give Broner the toughest test of his career.

Originally posted by Architect View Post
          I am hype for the fight but Abril has 8 Ko's I believe and we all know he isnt going to outbox Broner, other than a "lucky" punch I dont see him winning though it will be a high action fight.
          That's where I disagree. He has the ability to frustrate and outbox Broner. Abril is an extremely awkward and slick fighter. And let's be real. Nobody at 135 has the power to go toe to toe with Broner who walks around over 150. You got to outbox him to beat him.

This is the toughest opponent for him at 135 right now. Trust me on that one.
          Last edited by -PBP-; 12-12-2012, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Did Burns get burned again?

Comment

Broner should win this but this will be an interesting match up. Can't wait to see it.

Comment

alright i can dig it.Hope broner puts on another show.Idk how people
                hate on this fight.Abril a top 5 lightweight with a difficult style.
                Should be intersting.

Comment

That's exactly what I was thinking too. Marquez vs. Rios at Cowboys stadium would be a crazy atmosphere. I was hoping Arum would go through with it because Rios was supposed to fight Pacquiao anyway.

But this is a damn good fight. Abril is an extremely slick boxer that give Broner the toughest test of his career.

That's where I disagree. He has the ability to frustrate and outbox Broner. Abril is an extremely awkward and slick fighter. And let's be real. Nobody at 135 has the power to go toe to toe with Broner who walks around over 150. You got to outbox him to beat him.

Yeah, count me in as a fan of this fight. I want to see this ****. I'm a fan of Abril, he's an awkward technician and he definitely could make this frustrating as **** for Broner. Broner's got power and speed on his side, but I think Abril's got underrated skills and ring IQ. I can definitely see him getting robbed, but of course the fight will be ugly as hell especially if Abril is winning.

Abril can outbox Broner. But Broner might impress us once again and make a show of it. Whatever the outcome, I want to see it. This is an extremely risky fight because if Broner looks puzzled by the awkwardness and can't solve him, people will be crying "exposed!" from miles around.

Comment

I agree, but just because he's the toughest opponent before the fight doesnt mean he would be the same once the fight starts. They said the last guy was his stiffest test to date and Broner destroyed that guy. Ive seen Abril and IMO Broner should figure him out and control this fight easily but hey anything can happen. Cant wait to see the fight.

Comment

Not a bad match up. Abril will bother Broner a little with his movement, but I think Broner will figure out the puzzle.

Comment

Working...
                      X