Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Pac's Chin Stand Up to Bam Bam's Punch after Marquez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    If he did expected it, and wanted to take it because he didn't think it would be powerful enough to do anything to him, then his defense goes from terrible to just ******ed, borderline bird-brain. In a fight of this importance, always ending up close, taking a free shot just because. That was just stupid.

But I stick to Marquez's jab distracting Manny from the overhand right.
    i agree, it was stupid to gamble on defense by relying just on his beard

Comment

Haven't watched the fight again since Sat, but I remember JMM throwing two hard shots to the body prior to the first KD. I think he began to lower his left anticipating another body shot and got caught upstairs instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Prawn Cornelius View Post
        Haven't watched the fight again since Sat, but I remember JMM throwing two hard shots to the body prior to the first KD. I think he began to lower his left anticipating another body shot and got caught upstairs instead.
        That's exactly what happened. Marquez said he's smarter than pacquiao and wasn't lying about it. He played a mind game with him and won. Juan began by left hooking manny's body to plan the threat of the left into manny's head

Comment

Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post
          Can Pac's Chin Stand Up to Bam Bam's Punch after Marquez?

I see some people talking about doing a comeback fight for Pac Vs Bradley or Rios.....Bradley I can see.......but RIOS??? that kat "Pac"s a punch....can Pac's chin take that kind of impact two times in a row?? or will he end up ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ like this last one??? wachu got???
          Rios' body work will play more of a factor than anything, but he won't be able to go to the body without eating Paq's short arms and speed. If Rios manages to accumulate damage on Pac without going down himself he can beat Paq into a TKO or cause him to quit handily. Rios is strong enough.

Rios has to be able to take some damage though. Because you know damn well Paq is running straight back into Ariza's arms after getting Hatton'd.

Would be wise if Rios got a strength and conditioning coach as well if he doesn't already have one, gotta fight fire with fire bro.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
            That's exactly what happened. Marquez said he's smarter than pacquiao and wasn't lying about it. He played a mind game with him and won. Juan began by left hooking manny's body to plan the threat of the left into manny's head
            Exactly, that left hook to the body lead to Juans first knock down on Paq.

Comment

if floyd cant fight the ghost pac cant fight rios.... imjustsayin

Comment

Pac's KO was the result of a short compact space, the manner it was thrown and perfect timing as Pac seemed to be coming in with his a hands down and if you watch slightly going the other way from Juan, sorta towards the ropes when he was put out, what I am get at is it had alot less to do with power. and can Rios throw that kinda shot?, and on Pac at that?

Comment

Manny's footwork is too good for Rios' phonebooth style. He'll end up covering up like Clottey since his only defense is a high guard

Comment

see balance was off

Comment

Manny Pacquiao by KO, Rios has bad defense and slow.

Comment

Working...
                      X