Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Pac's Chin Stand Up to Bam Bam's Punch after Marquez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
    that 3rd round knockdown indicates that Pac's chin is starting to crack, he definitely saw that one coming & yet he assumed he can take it then boom

he's been hit with that one many times before and he just shrugged it off

but i don't see Rios capable of giving that calculated one punch counter from midrange, he's more comfortable in phone booth in-fighting and we all know that Pac would like to go in & out against these style of fighting
    Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    No he didn't. You confused me with this sentence, I went back to see it, and Manny definitely didn't see it. Marquez threw a jab that had no intentions on it, just putting it Manny's face. Manny blocks the jab, which diverts his attention away from the overhand right.
    ^^^^this right here..same thing Shane did to Floyd in that infamous 2nd round

Comment

No he didn't. You confused me with this sentence, I went back to see it, and Manny definitely didn't see it. Marquez threw a jab that had no intentions on it, just putting it Manny's face. Manny blocks the jab, which diverts his attention away from the overhand right.
      from what i observe he did expect the punch coming but not the power behind it

JMM threw a semi-haymaker overhand right along with his weight

Comment

Manny was walking into right hands all night,just Jmm landed dead on the chin the 2 times he dropped him

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
          ^^^^this right here..same thing Shane did to Floyd in that infamous 2nd round
          The crazy thing is Marquez knew exactly what he was doing when threw that jab. He threw it very weak, no power behind it whatsoever. If you notice while he slowly throws the weak jab, he lowers his right hand, c-cks it and times Pacquiao perfectly with the overhand right. Pacquiao didn't see that coming at all, he turned his head to the direction of the jab, the overhand right came from the other side. Got him lovely.

Comment

I keep replaying the KD and see Marquez throwing a feint jab, Pacquiao looks and blocks the jab but is too late to even notice the overhand right and gets caught.

If i'm not mistaken, Pacquiao himself said he didn't see the punch coming. Neither of them, the first KD or the KO.

Comment

Being off balance also played a hand in manny suffering that knockdown.

He reacted to the jab feint by moving back starting with his lead foot, instead of rear foot like they teach you in the gym, thus nearly crossing his feet, squaring himself up, and compromising his balance.

Comment

Pac took a half-step back prior to the incoming punch, so i think he knew there was going to be follow-up to the weak jab. he just doesn't expect the power in it

Comment

If he did expected it, and wanted to take it because he didn't think it would be powerful enough to do anything to him, then his defense goes from terrible to just ******ed, borderline bird-brain. In a fight of this importance, always ending up close, taking a free shot just because. That was just stupid.

But I stick to Marquez's jab distracting Manny from the overhand right.

Comment

I keep replaying the KD and see Marquez throwing a feint jab, Pacquiao looks and blocks the jab but is too late to even notice the overhand right and gets caught.

If i'm not mistaken, Pacquiao himself said he didn't see the punch coming. Neither of them, the first KD or the KO.
                    i think Pac refers mostly on the KO punch that the one he didn't see. he barely comments on the 3rd KD because most of them are more interested in the KO punch

Comment

Does some one have a gif of the 3rd round KD? Videos are too long to get to the point. Just want a repeating image of the KD.

Comment

Working...
                      X