Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's worse a devestating one punch KO or a sustained 12 round beating?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as worse for the brain a sustained twelve round beating is def worse than a one punch KO because your brain is getting injured again and again. However the worst is getting a beating the whole fight then ko'd or just knocked down IMO look at du koo kim even though that was 15 rds

Comment

I think it depends. Lennox Lewis bounced back nicely from his KO's to McCall and Rahman, while Jones Jr. was done after the second Tarver fight.

Comment

CLZAGHE LACY AND PAC MARG WHERE SOME SERIOUS BEATINGS

one punch kos arnt as bad there like band aids

Comment

sustained beating.

obviously there are special cases, but most deaths from from an extended beating at the end of a long boxing career, when the damage has already piled up, and the fighter in question knows how to survive when hurt and prolong the punishment.

Comment

A one shot that puts a guy to sleep is worse for a fighter's career, but a 12 round beating is worse for their health. If that makes any sense.

Comment

Thing is its takes a lot more skill to give out a sustained owning of elite fighters than a one punch KO , you cant be lucky and own somebody for 12 rounds , but you can nail that one shot and its over , ring generalship is the pinnacle of boxing , other wise the likes of Butterbean would be an ATG .

Comment

It depends on the fighter

Comment

The worst is taking knockout punches to the chin for 4 fights, there is only so much right hands you can take from Márquez.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
                    If someone can withstand a 12 round beating and still not get knocked out, at least he leaves the ring with some sort of diginity and self respect. The victor will even compliment the vanquished for being a tough cookie.

You get no such praise for being put to sleep with one single punch.
                    i rather get knocked out. if someone is clearly beating me up for 12 rounds than that means i don't belong in the ring with this man and there is nothing that i can do to beat this man but if i get knocked out than maybe there are some adjustments that can be made to prevent getting knocked out again

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                      Can you name some lucky KOs? The KOs I seen happened because they were setup or the ko victim had a habit that was exploited.
                      even if the punch is setup it still gives the fighter an excuse as he might look at it as a lucky punch.what do most fighters that have gotten knocked out like pacquiao say?he caught me with a good punch or i got caught with a punch i didn't see. what do fighters that have been dominated for 12 rounds say?nothing.what can they say ?

Comment

Working...
                      X