Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Khan: I Know This is Make or Break For Me!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post
    Yeah Ricky went the other way, wrong choice in my opinion but he gets my respect. If Khan had chosen a top 20 or 30 guy in his own weight I would understand it after that beating he is coming off. But to fight a guy who isn't even in his weight class, who is that low ranked and who can't punch. What does the win prove?

Greened for sig appreciation btw
    Lol Khan has fought more times at 135 then Molina has.

Comment

Originally posted by dr3wj5 View Post
      its a joke, he is fighting a complete chump. its a mid career development fight it should be against someone in his own weight class who is a bit better than molina.

and khan should probably stop saying make or break then, winning this fight means ****, all it means is khan isn't awful and we all know khan get outbox most guys in the sport, its power that takes him down, so he finds a lightweight with no punching power, could he not even take the risk of a junior welter with no punching power ??
      As stated, Molina has fought 13/17 fights above the lightweight limit - Khan has fought a lot more times at 135! So stop with all this bull****. Khan has no power? But he has 18 KO's in 28 fights. Not bad for a guy with no power eh? Put down Maidana, Judah, Peterson and stopped Malignaggi. All guys with solid chins. So stop this and learn the facts before shelling out this crap. It's a soft comeback fight, but right now he needs a win. Bottomline. Going back to the kotelnik fight in 2009 he's fought top notch opponents all the way through.

Comment

Amir Khan was begging to fight Dmitri Salita again but Hannukah already started.

Khan is a laughingstock. I am fully confident that Hunter is just doing this for a check and will laugh his @ss off like everyone else when this spoiled joke of a fighter gets KO'd again.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
          Ach, a tune-up is a tune-up...doesn't make any difference to me who someone fights in that type of fight. It's to build confidence back up, so the name doesn't matter much.

It's certainly a break fight, there's about a 1% chance of losing this fight so if that had to happen it's all over. However, it should take more than this win to get another title shot, you'd should need to then beat a contender in your own division.
          You made the point for me.....

If you are going to fight a guy who has a 1% chance of beating you it shouldn't be headlining a Showtime Broadcast.

If Khan wants to fight bums fine, but do it in the UK on SKY sports so they can talk about what an all time legend Molina is and drag Khan's balls down into the gutter with their incessant nuthuggery. Don't put thi garage on my pay channels. Showtime could be using this timeslot for a rerun of Weeds or playing Big Money Rustlas one more time.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
            Amir Khan was begging to fight Dmitri Salita again but Hannukah already started.

Khan is a laughingstock. I am fully confident that Hunter is just doing this for a check and will laugh his @ss off like everyone else when this spoiled joke of a fighter gets KO'd again.
            u are an actual idiot.

is this forum really that much of a trash heap?

Comment

jake donovan,

you need to check your typos. you just called amir khan's new trainer 'virgin hunter'.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
                Lol Khan has fought more times at 135 then Molina has.
                I used to get into fights a lot when I was 14, now I'm a grown man. Should I go back to fighting 14 year olds?

Comment

Originally posted by FrankRice View Post
                  jake donovan,

you need to check your typos. you just called amir khan's new trainer 'virgin hunter'.
                  Aint we all?

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post
                    I used to get into fights a lot when I was 14, now I'm a grown man. Should I go back to fighting 14 year olds?
                    But they are the same age! Give me a break.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                      You made the point for me.....

If you are going to fight a guy who has a 1% chance of beating you it shouldn't be headlining a Showtime Broadcast.

If Khan wants to fight bums fine, but do it in the UK on SKY sports so they can talk about what an all time legend Molina is and drag Khan's balls down into the gutter with their incessant nuthuggery. Don't put thi garage on my pay channels. Showtime could be using this timeslot for a rerun of Weeds or playing Big Money Rustlas one more time.
                      The Showtime execs deemed this fight worthy for their network, and they fought to snatch Amir Khan away from HBO, they wanted to keep him after the Garcia Loss, everybody knows that AK fights the best opponents he can get his hands on and Win or Lose, his fights are always exciting, which you can't say about some of the biggest marquee names out there.

It doesn't matter what YOU think, if you don't like AK, watch something else and STFU.

Let me address all the LW talk about Molina, fact of the matter is that Molina had trouble making 135 anymore and he is a natural junior welter weight moving up to a weight class his body has grown into, it happens all the time where fighters move up to a higher weight class. And he's moving up with an undefeated record, he's not a bum by any definition of the word.
                      Hate him or like him, AK has to be commended for seeking out the best opponents and looking for the toughest fights, in this age of cherry picking and ducking to pad records. You tell me, who the hell would have agreed to go fight that nobody without a belt in his hometown- LP?? Look at the risk and reward comparison for that fight, it was downright stupid, and he paid for it.

Khan fights the best, after this tune-up fight, he will pick a NAME opponent, i guarantee it. I know he wants the Garcia rematch.
                      Last edited by Amirwillrise; 12-12-2012, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X