No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Manny Pacquiao Vows - "There Will Be More Fights!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maymoney View Post
    Rafael Marquez and Israel Vazquez only had four and it ended the sameway. Not saying Pac should retire. He still has what it takes. A fight with Rios in April. A fight with Bradley in November.
    He should stay away from Rios, and try to beat that guy Richard Abril.

He has softer hands than Rios.

Comment

There is no reason for Manny to retire yet. He has at least 3 winnable super fights remaining in him. I think he should fight Marquez for a fifth time, then rematch Bradley to get his belt back and then end his career against Mayweather. Heck, even if he and Mayweather never go toe to toe, he should consider fighting both Bradley and Marquez again.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasheed Mexico View Post
        Why not. His speed was on point, so was his power and conditioning. Hell that was the best Pacquiao looked since the Cotto fight.

He made a mistake and was clipped, but it wasn't like he was taking a beating or getting outboxed.

I'm glad he isn't retiring and hopefully he can take on Rios/Bradley win that one and rematch Marquez.

What I think Manny will learn from this is that he doesn't need to revert back to his overly aggressive style as he is more skilled and he doesn't have to take the risk he did against Marquez (and earlier in his career) to put opponents away.
        exactly...he was mos def on point, was beating Marquez face in and got countered when he came in straight ahead. sh.it happens in boxing.

Originally posted by cottofan2 View Post
        I agree with you 100% even though others think he's done. That night he would have beaten anybody else at that weight not named Marquez or Mayweather. And even with those 2 names there is no guarantee he wouldn't win next time out. You just gotta give Marquez credit for being a truly elite fighter. Marquez is the one that would benefit most from retirement because there would be little gained (besides money) in a fifth fight. Unfortunately for Pacquiao, his promoter limits his opponent options and that is the real travesty because Pac vs Alexander, Guerrero, Canelo, Mayweather, etc...are all good fights.
        couldnt agree with you more

Originally posted by ~BoZz~ View Post
        there will be more catch weight fights and damaged goods..because we just found out anyone who possesses "any" danger is too much for him.
        haters gon hate, bi.tches gon bi.tch!

Originally posted by cottofan2 View Post
        How many fighters would get robbed the way he did vs Bradley and then have a big smile on his face and say "I have to respect the judges opinion." And then after getting KO'd the way he did on Saturday after he was taking over the fight and say "Hey, that's boxing. That's sports." The guy truly is a class act and has given me and many, many boxing fans such excitement in his career. I am truly grateful that I was able to watch most of his career while in my youth because I will always remember the joy he brought to this sport. Who cares that he's not the single greatest of all-time. The guy will NEVER be forgotten in boxing, period.
        and thats why he's regarded and will go down in history as not only a great boxer but a great person..took the L like a man, nuff said

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
        He looked pretty good sat night but got caught with a terrific counter.Id like too see JMM retire this is the perfect time too go out
        JMM should, theres nothing more to accomplish, he's damn near 40 and has his health, familia and a humongous win over his greatest adversary

Originally posted by mikeMack View Post
        Paq got KO'd violently and fighters are never the same after a devastating Ko like that. DOUBT sets in and Paq will fight afraid from now on. It's over Manny. Marquez now has won all 4 fights.

Originally posted by flint View Post
        he better not ever get in the ring with marquez . the samething will happen.he does'nt know how to fight. ive said it that speed and power won't get it done against the elite.what happend was going to happen sooner or later. luckily sooner because had mayweather hit with the same shot.he'd still be laying there right now.
        you mean mayweather who said pac was easy work, wouldnt even sweat in the ring if the fight happened, pac was a midget, etc yet still hasnt dared step in the ring with Pac??!??!?!?! Fact is FMJ just lost out on thee BIGGEST payday he would have ever made!

Originally posted by twosweethooks View Post
        I disagree and think to go on a crusade for the 5th fight.

Pac """"""GAVE"""""" Marquez three extra fights after the draw, he lost the last , so the professional JMM is , I think he will consider Pac and will give him the Last fight of the great rivalry and show the world he can really do this again or get KO'd himself.
        I think he will too, but if he doesnt, thats fine as well.

Originally posted by Mike_R View Post
        Manny looked good on Saturday until he got aced. I'm not sure if that type of loss will change him or not as a fighter. I'm inclined to think nobody forgets an experience like that, but Manny is also a unique fighter and the fact that he hasn't completely retreated from the public eye is a telling sign that he isn't slipping into a crazy depression like so many fighters tend to do in this situation..

I hope he treads carefully. Get the 5th rematch if you can, rematch Bradley if you can.. That's it though. Forget about fighting Floyd, don't fight Alvarez.

If Manny just tries to redeem his 2 back to back losses from this year then that is a career as far as I'm concerned.
        one HELLUVA career!

Originally posted by lutenco View Post
        MANNY was fighting very well but i saw no movements right-left,right-left with the body before attack and he let JMM put his feet over his feet again;anyawy he was fighting good and JMM's face was becoming to bleed badly before the KO;anyawy let me tell that a man that never hurt MANNY in 36 rounds can't put him KD and KO cold with only one punch and no combinations but most incredible is that JMM was able to take a powerfull right hook and a tremendous straight left hand only to lose his balance touching the canvas with the glove but he was still strong on his legs......sorry but i don't believe that DONKEY CAN FLY and IMO the combination:
        HUGE MUSCLES + COACH THAT WORKED WITH STEROIDS IN THE PAST = CHEATER!
        no need to accuse JMM, as i'm sure you were upset with the accusations that were thrown on pac. Pac said he lost fair and square, people need to accept that and move on!

Originally posted by stretchedout View Post
        Marquez """"""GAVE"""""" Pacquiao 4 chances.

Pacquiao has never beaten Marquez.

Marquez nearly killed Plankiao last weekend.

I thought he was dead.

Comment

Well watch and see everyone. Yes Manny looked pretty good but I am telling you, no one recovers 100% from KO's like that, no one. Especially this late in their careers when they were already slightly declining. Don't take my word for it, watch and see what happens if Manny keeps fighting. You are more KO prone once you have been laid out, same with concussions. I suggest Manny takes 1-2 more fights and carefully selects his opponents because that brutal KO will be in the back of his mind and in the opponents mind. Same with Wlad K., he changed his whole style to resurrect his career. Manny in incapable of changing his style and he will continue to be open for those counter right shots. Can everyone make him pay? No but a few can and will. I see no point in another JMM fight but if so, he will be more tentative and just get outboxed. He won't be aggressive again because he will be taking the same shots that put him down twice. I hate to break it to you Pac fans but the end is near, I have said it for a while now. After the last JMM fight I knew it was. I guess we will see if I am wrong or not, but that is what I feel is coming, more images of Pac on the canvas.

Comment

Pacquiao needs to retire or at least take a careful look at Mayweather's self-preservation model like fighting once a year or two. He should come back after a long, rested vacation.

Comment

MANNY was fighting very well but i saw no movements right-left,right-left with the body before attack and he let JMM put his feet over his feet again;anyawy he was fighting good and JMM's face was becoming to bleed badly before the KO;anyawy let me tell that a man that never hurt MANNY in 36 rounds can't put him KD and KO cold with only one punch and no combinations but most incredible is that JMM was able to take a powerfull right hook and a tremendous straight left hand only to lose his balance touching the canvas with the glove but he was still strong on his legs......sorry but i don't believe that DONKEY CAN FLY and IMO the combination:
              It's apparent you know nothing about boxing. JMM was the smarter fighter that night. You really need to go back and look at the 3 fights once again if you believe Marquez never hurt Pacman.

That right connected perfect and was a combination of Manny's full force going forward and Marquez landing it at the perfect and most powerful place - nobody would be able to get up from that connection, even if hit by a pillow fisted fighter.

With regard to your allegations of steroid use, please look up the definition of irony. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by sceneboxing View Post
                One of the best posts since he got KO'd.
                Agreed! Manny has been good for boxing. A boxer who actually has some integrity and willing to put on a show.

Comment

let me tell that a man that never hurt MANNY in 36 rounds can't put him KD...JMM was able to take a powerfull right hook and a tremendous straight left hand only to lose his balance touching the canvas with the glove but he was still strong on his legs......sorry but i don't believe that DONKEY CAN FLY and IMO the combination:
                  Revert back to fight #2 and fast forward to 35 second of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVStmLCoH30

Marquez "never" hurt Manny? Did Manny just feel like break dancing in the middle of a fight? LOL.

Manny has connected Marquez many times and he still got up. Matter of fact, he has been connected 4 times and gotten up.

Comment

I think it could be a loss he struggles to recover from but on the flip side we are sure to see him training and working harder than ever
                    Of course there is no need for him to retire but at this stage of his career things might be a lot more difficult for him than in recent times

Comment

Originally posted by lacson View Post
                      Pacquiao didn't get a concussion from that shot and he looks good and healthy. He's ready to go again.

I agree he was in the best shape I've seen since Dela Hoya in that fight. Going into the 6th and just pounding Marquez' face and with blood pouring out of the nostrils he figured there was 1 or 2 rounds left. Marquez in the meantime admitted that Manny could knock him out at anytime. A desperate Marquez making a desperate move ended up landing the perfect shot as Manny went for the kill. Even though Manny could have eased up and took his time since Marquez was already in trouble with the broken nose and blood pouring out and affecting his breathing. Manny being Manny takes the risk anyways. What can you not love about that?
                      His nose wasn't broken, and He wasn't desperate. It was a timed accurate counter punch. Give credit where credit is due.

Comment

Working...
                      X