Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather still on top after Mannys rise and Fall

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It appears a poster can be for either Floyd Mayweather or Manny Pacquiao, but not for both. I don't dislike Pacquiao, I just acknowledge the fact that Floyd is the better of the two and always has been. Manny was a hyped up creation of Bob Arum and Top Rank. I dislike Arum.

The defining moments of Manny's career are the three robbery fights against Juan Manuel Marquez, and then the fourth fight which he lost in devastating fashion. I don't think Manny has much left to offer, and the lasting memory will be of him hitting the canvas face first, like a sack of spuds, on the receiving end of a highlight reel KO at the hands of his superior.

Floyd has had a great career and he has the potential to go on and have one or two more top fights to cement his legacy. I don't think Mayweather will stick around for too long, I expect him to retire undefeated. The haters will always hate, regardless. He could pick up wins against Saul Alvarez and Sergio Martinez, and people will still talk about how he ducked Tim Bradley and Austin Trout.

Floyd is by far the most gifted boxer of his generation, some people just aren't ready to accept that.

Comment

Originally posted by ~BoZz~ View Post
      MAYWEATHER iS THE BEST P4P FIGHTER ...I MEAN WE CAN SEE HERE ON BOXINGSCENE HOW MUCH HATE HE GETS..PEOPLE KNOW HE IS THE BEST BUT HAVE THE HATE..AND THATS WHY THEY TALK ABOUT MAYWEATHER SO MUCH..WHY ARENT THEY HATING ON MARTINEZ OR WARD SO MUCH?? EXACTLY..PAC FANS TALK ABOUT FLOYD 99% OF THE TIME..THEY CREATE THREADS ABOUT HIM EVERY DAY..IF YOU THINK HE'S A COWARD AND WHAT NOT WHY MAKE THREADS ABOUT HIM???

FLOYD TOYED WITH MARQUEZ..HE TALKED TO THE AUDIENCE WHEN HE FOUGHT PISS DRINKER..AND WE SAW WHAT JMM DID TO PAC.HE DEMOLISHED HIM..I USED TO LIKE PAC AND I STILL THINK HE'S AN ALRIGHT FIGHTER BUT MOST OF HIS FANS ARE SCUM WHO HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN TO HATE..THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A FLOYD AND PAC FAN..THEY HAVE TOO MUCH HATE AND IF FLOYD WAS THE ONE WHO LOST THEY WOULD GO CRAZY WITH HATE ON THIS FORUM..BUT WE ALL KNOW THAT PAC FOUGHT DAMAGED GOODS AND DRAINED PEOPLE AND MANY OF THEM WERE FLOYDS LEFT OVERS..AN OLD MARQUEZ KNOCKED HIM OUT..COMMON MAN..THAT SHOWS YOU HOW "GREAT" PAC WAS ...HE WAS AN ARUM MADE PRODUCT WHO WAS PROTECTED..NOW WE'VE SEEN THE PAC I BEEN TALKING ABOUT FOR THE LAST YEAR OR TWO...BUT I WISH PAC THE BEST...I HOPE HE RECOVERS FAST FROM THE BEATING OLD MARQUEZ GAVE HIM.
      Not watching Mayweather anymore. Can't even remember who he fought last. The lasting impression I got about Mayweather was that dog and pony show with Ortiz. That will be his lasting memory.

Compare that to last Saturday's fight. Warriors with courage actually fighting it out and giving their fans their money's worth. Not like the Mayweather rip-offs.

Comment

Originally posted by Birkonian View Post
        It appears a poster can be for either Floyd Mayweather or Manny Pacquiao, but not for both. I don't dislike Pacquiao, I just acknowledge the fact that Floyd is the better of the two and always has been. Manny was a hyped up creation of Bob Arum and Top Rank. I dislike Arum.

The defining moments of Manny's career are the three robbery fights against Juan Manuel Marquez, and then the fourth fight which he lost in devastating fashion. I don't think Manny has much left to offer, and the lasting memory will be of him hitting the canvas face first, like a sack of spuds, on the receiving end of a highlight reel KO at the hands of his superior.

Floyd has had a great career and he has the potential to go on and have one or two more top fights to cement his legacy. I don't think Mayweather will stick around for too long, I expect him to retire undefeated. The haters will always hate, regardless. He could pick up wins against Saul Alvarez and Sergio Martinez, and people will still talk about how he ducked Tim Bradley and Austin Trout.

Floyd is by far the most gifted boxer of his generation, some people just aren't ready to accept that.
        Actually the lasting impression Manny has given so far is of a warrior with courage and no fear. Taking risks to make a fight worthwhile for the fans. And giving his opponent his due. The only lasting impression I have of Mayweather meanwhile was the sucker punch on Ortiz. I don't remember anything else meaningful that sticks out.

Comment

Nop. Ward is on on top. For me anyway.

Noone really has an outstanding majority of opinion concerning p4p no.1 right now.

Hasn't really been that way since 2009 with Pacquiao.

Comment

The man has been Dominating fighters for SIXTEEN YEARS.
            UNDEFEATED his ENTIRE CAREER SIXTEEN YEARS so far.
            Been WBC WORLD CHAMPION for FOURTEEN YEARS.
            He used to fight EVERY MONTH early in his career, then about every TWO TO FOUR MONTHS like all up and comers, then every SIX MONTHS TO A YEAR like all SUPER STARS usually do.
            He’s not some new jack that has to fight three or more times a year, he paid his dues his whole life.

Can the man enjoy his money and family? GOSH
            He earned the right to relax a little bit.

His fights are not just any fight; they are EVENTS now, Hundreds of Millions of Dollar events. Does he not have the right to capitalize off his blood sweat and tears, hard work and dedication?

Boxing is a business, this is their 9-5 to feed their families, and how the hell can you criticize them for trying to make money fights?

And as much as you would like for him to please you, he can’t if he wanted to.

For example, who would you wanna see Floyd face? What do YOU think he should do?

I guarantee almost everyone will start talking about people about JMW, MWs, etc.. Two or so weight classes higher than him, and how he has to go up there and they shouldn’t have to come down to him etc... What the **** is the difference. If they come down they’re "weight drained blah blah blah." Well what the hell is he if he goes up? Everything’s fine with that right? Well that’s some bull****.(everyone talks **** about smaller guys coming up to him, "Marquez was bloated", etc..) Well Floyd also has no business up there with the bigger guys. The man barely can gain weight for those fights. But its ok because its "Floyd"...Do you understand that you are calling him the greatest without even knowing it when you say stuff like that? "He’s soo good that it totally cool if he goes up to higher weight classes"......BULL****.
            If no one can kick his ass then he’s supposed to go up until he can find someone that can? How about Vlad/Vitali? Is he ducking them also WTH...
            A blind man can see that the guy is blessed in the ring. He a ****ing Magician/Rocket Scientist, Jedi Master in there. The same guy had to switch his style up just to make fights more competitive because no one could come close and everyone complained saying "he doesn’t get hit enough..." What kind of **** is that?
            Hes pretty much doing what we do to kids when we say stuff like "Come on ill fight you with one hand" or you get on your knees to play fight a child.
            THINK ABOUT IT... I mean REALLY THINK ABOUT IT.
            How could you not understand that you’re ******ed to think otherwise?

Comment

Originally posted by blacraven View Post

The man has been Dominating fighters for SIXTEEN YEARS.
              UNDEFEATED his ENTIRE CAREER SIXTEEN YEARS so far.
              Been WBC WORLD CHAMPION for FOURTEEN YEARS.
              He used to fight EVERY MONTH early in his career, then about every TWO TO FOUR MONTHS like all up and comers, then every SIX MONTHS TO A YEAR like all SUPER STARS usually do.
              He’s not some new jack that has to fight three or more times a year, he paid his dues his whole life.

Can the man enjoy his money and family? GOSH
              He earned the right to relax a little bit.

His fights are not just any fight; they are EVENTS now, Hundreds of Millions of Dollar events. Does he not have the right to capitalize off his blood sweat and tears, hard work and dedication?

Boxing is a business, this is their 9-5 to feed their families, and how the hell can you criticize them for trying to make money fights?

And as much as you would like for him to please you, he can’t if he wanted to.

For example, who would you wanna see Floyd face? What do YOU think he should do?

I guarantee almost everyone will start talking about people about JMW, MWs, etc.. Two or so weight classes higher than him, and how he has to go up there and they shouldn’t have to come down to him etc... What the **** is the difference. If they come down they’re "weight drained blah blah blah." Well what the hell is he if he goes up? Everything’s fine with that right? Well that’s some bull****.(everyone talks **** about smaller guys coming up to him, "Marquez was bloated", etc..) Well Floyd also has no business up there with the bigger guys. The man barely can gain weight for those fights. But its ok because its "Floyd"...Do you understand that you are calling him the greatest without even knowing it when you say stuff like that? "He’s soo good that it totally cool if he goes up to higher weight classes"......BULL****.
              If no one can kick his ass then he’s supposed to go up until he can find someone that can? How about Vlad/Vitali? Is he ducking them also WTH...
              A blind man can see that the guy is blessed in the ring. He a ****ing Magician/Rocket Scientist, Jedi Master in there. The same guy had to switch his style up just to make fights more competitive because no one could come close and everyone complained saying "he doesn’t get hit enough..." What kind of **** is that?
              Hes pretty much doing what we do to kids when we say stuff like "Come on ill fight you with one hand" or you get on your knees to play fight a child.
              THINK ABOUT IT... I mean REALLY THINK ABOUT IT.
              How could you not understand that you’re ******ed to think otherwise?
              Didn't read, can you sum it up in a sentence or paragraph?

Comment

its already expected from a guy of his talent, what unexpected is he didn't do more of what he could and u know what i meant about it, lots of inactivity, choosing this guy over this guy with a few reason to justify it then the fans buy it. honestly yes, he was amazing but he really could've done more if he had the balls to.

Comment

Originally posted by MVOLT View Post
                  because he ducked pac......among others
                  Yeah Pac was sooo anxious to make the fight that he sued him instead of wanting to take random tests. Then he was such a great guy that he said F**K Mayweather and implemented RANDOM Tests in his fights vs Clottey, Margarito, Mosley, Bradley & JMM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                    He shouldn't be #1 at all. He's had like what 3/4 fights in the last 4/5 years. It's just not fair to the people that actually go out there and put in work.

Too much favoritism towards african american boxers. You could literally look pretty against ok competition and they put you on the p4p. Now before you mention Guerrero just know that he was put on there to make Floyd look good. Him nor Broner had not right to be put in instead of someone like Mares who has **** on both their resumes.
                    Who has been more consistent at defeating the best TOP fighters hes faced most convincingley than Mayweather? I agree he hasnt been as active as most figteres as he has aged but the man is undefeated and has pretty much dominated all of his competition since 1996. He has been on the P4P list at the top of it since 1999 I believe, who else has done this? This isnt luck or coincidence.

Comment

Originally posted by lacson View Post
                      Not watching Mayweather anymore. Can't even remember who he fought last. The lasting impression I got about Mayweather was that dog and pony show with Ortiz. That will be his lasting memory.

Compare that to last Saturday's fight. Warriors with courage actually fighting it out and giving their fans their money's worth. Not like the Mayweather rip-offs.
                      Soooooooo you're saying you didnt watch the Mayweather-Cotto fight?

Warriors with courage is getting iced like a hockey rink and potentially ending your career? You are praising Pacquiao for having a terrible defense, getting knocked down with a wide looping right hand then getting knocked out cold with his hands down? You must be an MMA fan......You are condemning Mayweather for having the best defense in the history of the sport? You are condemning Floyd for having an elite incomparable repertoire of offensiove and defeinsive skills that has allowed him to befudle, confuse and outclass his opponents? Sheeesh and you call yourself a fan of "Boxing"????
                      Last edited by Architect; 12-12-2012, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X