No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather still on top after Mannys rise and Fall

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    I see pac losing like this has really dimmed your senses.
    This from the genius that thinks the SRL-Hearns situation(two guys that fought after hardly any wait and at the beginning of their careers) and the Pac-Mayweather situation are comparable.

Comment

• Originally posted by junior gong View Post
      I fail to see the corellation between Leonard twice fighting a prime Duran whilst building a fight with a rival who was also just getting started, ripping up trees as he went, and Floyd at the end of his career coming back with the specific aim of taking on his biggest threat and rival not only in the ring but as a superstar and waiting five years until the guy was seriously on the decline and still not fighting him.

You have posted some howlers in the past, but this is one of the worst comparisons I have seen posted on this site. Pretty sad when you consider the levels of ******ity of some of the more extreme fanboys here. You are on the brink of joining them, and any more of this kind of guff and you are a shoe in.
      the correlation is floyd fought the best LW coming up while building the fight with manny, same as srl did with hearns. difference is floyd handled his business and srl lost.

its real simple floyd is tearing a page from the TR playbook. WHen TR does it with srl or manny, hey its all good. floyd does it and suddenly its its a problem. its either ok for all or ok for none. pick whichever, just be consistent.

Comment

• Floyd fans still living vicariously through Marquez' and his accomplishments instead of Floyd, cause he actually has balls.

Comment

• Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
          Floyd fans still living vicariously through Marquez' and his accomplishments instead of Floyd, cause he actually has balls.
          come on man. come up with something better than this.

Comment

• Originally posted by junior gong View Post
            Another example of bumsniff logic. Catchweight wasnt an issue, Cotto said so himself before and after the fight, so you have to go with that over the disgruntled and ludicrous opinion of a fanboy.

according to floydiots, Manny invented the catchweight. Idiots.
            Why ask for a catch weight then? Why fight DLH, Clottey, Mosley, Bradley, etc. @ 147 but not Cotto? Dude always has to look for advantages. Your worse than Puga and Check Hooks you prentend to be unbiased but are one of NSB biggest tards.

Comment

• Can't believe Floyd stains are using JMM's win over a guy Floyd ducked for years to promote their idol. I was expecting the opposite. I'd disappear if I were a Floyd stain. It will embarrass me to death.

Comment

• Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
                Amazing that he has been p4p top 10 since 1998,he has seen them come and go yet he remains undefeated and on top once again p4p #1 at the age of 35 soon to be 36,He is 43-0 a 8 time champ(should be 9 just didnt pay for shanes belt)in 5 divisions no other fighter in the history of this sport has won 8 titles in 5 divisions and remained undefeated,over half of his fights have been title fights.Manny had a stint on top and all the hype,yet Floyd just kept defeating current champions coming off of big wins,no smoke and mirror act,no catch weight titles. Now it appears he will fight 2 more current champions in 2013 at the age of 36 and if he defeats them both he can retire 45-0 with possible 9(should be 10)world titles and maybe even possibly add 1 more lineal title to his resume,this guy is hated so much on here because of his perfection,this guy is a boxing god
                The hate directed at Floyd Mayweather has little or nothing to do with his obvious ring prowess. No, I think the bulk of the hate is race based and the fact that Floyd is a really arrogant guy. And in a real sense he has every right to be, but the reaction to this adds a type of venom to this discussion that is troubling. But for some the sight or sound of an arrogant African American is literally more than they can bear. So what happens when the hate is deeper than the shallow criticism that's leveled at him? Well then you have the kind of stuff that gets posted all of the time on this site, and little of it has to do with boxing.

Also, I don't think it's the smartest move to make an antagonizing thread like this when the pain of Pacquiao's loss is still to fresh in the minds of his fans, they can't digest this on any meaningful level.

Floyd has indeed maintained his greatness over a long period of time but that fact does not exclude Manny from his place in the sun as well. It doesn't have to be either or, why can't both be great?
                Last edited by Slip Stream; 12-12-2012, 05:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                  come on man. come up with something better than this.
                  You tell me, what did you think this thread was created for? There's no hidden agenda m8, Larry is living through Marquez' accomplishment. It's fairly simple to spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cgarcia View Post
                    Can't believe Floyd stains are using JMM's win over a guy Floyd ducked for years to promote their idol. I was expecting the opposite. I'd disappear if I were a Floyd stain. It will embarrass me to death.
                    hey dude. howyoudoin? you ok. how was your saturday?

Comment

• Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
                      You tell me, what did you think this thread was created for? There's no hidden agenda m8, Larry is living through Marquez' accomplishment. It's fairly simple to spot.
                      this win for JMM does nothing for or to floyd or his legacy. but it does give every one the ability to stick it to the far right birther fringe of manny's fanbase.

Comment

Working...
                      X