No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather still on top after Mannys rise and Fall

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
    Margo, Mosley (prime), cotto, Pacman, Koysta and there are surely a couple of more. So many in prime fighters he ducked to avoid getting a potential loss
    only one of these you could possibly make a case for is margo. floyd tried makin fights with the rest, so dont even go there

cotto openly admitted he didnt want floyd
    mosley had a tooth ache the second time around
    kostya was money related i think
    and pacman...come on lol

Comment

• Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
      Amazing that he has been p4p top 10 since 1998,he has seen them come and go yet he remains undefeated and on top once again p4p #1 at the age of 35 soon to be 36,He is 43-0 a 8 time champ(should be 9 just didnt pay for shanes belt)in 5 divisions no other fighter in the history of this sport has won 8 titles in 5 divisions and remained undefeated,over half of his fights have been title fights.Manny had a stint on top and all the hype,yet Floyd just kept defeating current champions coming off of big wins,no smoke and mirror act,no catch weight titles. Now it appears he will fight 2 more current champions in 2013 at the age of 36 and if he defeats them both he can retire 45-0 with possible 9(should be 10)world titles and maybe even possibly add 1 more lineal title to his resume,this guy is hated so much on here because of his perfection,this guy is a boxing god
      what amaze me is how he manage to stay in the list from fighting bums ones a year

Comment

• Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
        well, I meant saving his career.
        saving what? dude floyd didn't win or lose anything when Manny got KTFO!

Comment

• Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
          only one of these you could possibly make a case for is margo. floyd tried makin fights with the rest, so dont even go there

cotto openly admitted he didnt want floyd
          mosley had a tooth ache the second time around
          kostya was money related i think
          and pacman...come on lol
          water under the bridge imo...by any standard, thats a list of cats that ya want on your resume, so as to leave no doubt...

Comment

• This thread is hilarious. You got people talking about Manny's great competition. He's fought 3 legitimate fights since '08 imo. Here's the truth:

Fought a washed up shot DLH in 08, DLH was. weight drained and busted up by Steve Forbes in previous fight
            Fights Hatton who was KO'd by Mayweather and many say Hatton was never that good
            Fought Cotto who arguably lost to Clottey and took a beating from Margarito @ a catch weight, I still give him credit for this
            Fights Clottey ho hum no big deal
            Fights Margarito @ another catchweight a disgraceful fight
            Fights a clearly shot Mosley after Floyd dominated him after refusing to fight Shane when he was viewed as a threat
            Fights Marquez who everyone thought would be a pushover at WW, Floyd dominated him there
            Fights Bradley his best fight by FAR during this span, he gets props for this
            Fights JMM agains and gets KTFO by a 39 year old natural lightweight

This run isn't that impressive. Manny has been carefully matched and he's been exposed. This is hardly murderers row. The only opponents who presented any stylistic challenges for Manny were Marquez and Bradley.
            Last edited by $tate of Mind; 12-12-2012, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by viperz007 View Post
              what amaze me is how he manage to stay in the list from fighting bums ones a year
              how does a bum make it that far in boxing?????? Name one bum he faced.... A bum is somebody me and you could beat

Comment

• Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
                This thread is hilarious. You got people talking about Manny's great competition. He's fought 3 legitimate fights since '08 imo. Here's the truth:

Fought a washed up shot DLH in 08, DLH was. weight drained and busted up by Steve Forbes in previous fight
                Fights Hatton who was KO'd by Mayweather and many say Hatton was never that good
                Fought Cotto who arguably lost to Clottey and took a beating from Margarito @ a catch weight, I still give him credit for this
                Fights a clearly shot Mosley after Floyd dominated him after refusing to fight Shane when he was viewed as a threat
                Fights Marquez who everyone thought would be a pushover at WW, Floyd dominated him there

This run isn't that impressive. Manny has been carefully matched and he's been exposed. This is hardly murderers row.

This is hardly murderers row. The only opponents who presented any stylistic challenges gor Manny were Marquez and Bradley.
                TRUTH SPOKEN HERE

Comment

• Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
                  This thread is hilarious. You got people talking about Manny's great competition. He's fought 3 legitimate fights since '08 imo. Here's the truth:

This run isn't that impressive. Manny has been carefully matched and he's been exposed. This is hardly murderers row. The only opponents who presented any stylistic challenges for Manny were Marquez and Bradley.
                  in other words, he fought who they put in front of him...

Comment

• [QUOTE=~BoZz~;12803379]
                    Originally posted by Prawn Cornelius View Post

Well I respectfully respect your opinion,but if he had any then why didn't we see it in the mayweather fight??

Against pacquiao you don't need skills,to beat him you just need to come in hydrated.
                    you're showing your lack or non-existing boxing sense by your posts. ppl saying jmm has no skills should automatically be banned.

floyd was bigger faster than jmm. floyd is a defensive fighter. jmm feeds off pac's aggression. against floyd, he became the offensive fighter which is not his style. styles makes fights. i'll stop and let your pea size brain try to comprehend these and come up with some conclusion.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Twako;12805550]
                      Originally posted by ~BoZz~ View Post

you're showing your lack or non-existing boxing sense by your posts. ppl saying jmm has no skills should automatically be banned.

floyd was bigger faster than jmm. floyd is a defensive fighter. jmm feeds off pac's aggression. against floyd, he became the offensive fighter which is not his style. styles makes fights. i'll stop and let your pea size brain try to comprehend these and come up with some conclusion.
                      how you doing? I know saturday had to sting a lil bit.

Comment

Working...
                      X