Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I had Pacquiao winning every round until the knockout: who else?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winning every round or not, moral victories don't have a spot on your record.

Comment

1. Pac
      2. Pac
      3. JMM 10-8
      4. JMM
      5. Pac 10-8
      6. Pac til the ko

However, I'm not buying the point that Pac got caught because he got reckless. IMO, JMM took a step back, timed Manny's rhythm and caught him with one of the best punches that I've seen land on anyone.

In fact, the most careless/reckless I saw Pac was towards the end of the 5th with about 40 seconds left, right after he hurt JMM with a right. He was flailing punches and getting real anxious til JMM survived. The end of the 6th wasn't as bad as people are making it seem

Comment

Originally posted by nj_evoixgsr View Post
        I had it ;

Rd 1 - Pac 10-9 Marquez
        Rd 2 - Pac 10 -9 Marquez
        Rd 3 - Pac 8-10 Marquez
        Rd 4 - Pac 10- 9 Marquez
        Rd 5 - Pac 10-8 Marquez
        Rd 6 - Had Pac winning, thought it was his best round then BANG

Marquez didn't outland Pac. Pac was more aggressive and had the better exchanges + volume. He had the KD in rd 3 that gave him the round and losing rd 6 before the KO.

No excuses, congrats to JMM. Let's just be real that Pac was obviously winning the fight before a great counter punch for getting careless. I thought he was going to sit back the last few seconds instead moved forward and got dropped out cold!
        Let's also just be real that a counter puncher waits for exactly those moments to win fights. When you knock a guy out cold, with a perfectly timed counter punch after slipping and setting up the KO shot against a combination that Pac always uses, whoever was winning and whoever was up on points disappears into the ether completely.

That is the whole purpose and point of winning a fight by KO. Should all big bombers now be considered only half winners because they were often losing fights because they were waiting for the opportunity to arise to land their big punch? Of course not! That was exactly what they were waiting for! It's boxing. It can take one minute, or six rounds. Or, to swap it around, do all of Mayweather's wins now mean nothing because he always takes advantage of his opponent making careless mistakes? That's what boxing is about. You take advantage of those mistakes to win by KO or by points.

In boxing, obviously, you win by KO/TKO or by points. If you win by KO, points don't mean ****. Especially if you are the type of fighter that waits specifically for the opportunity to land a huge counter shot on an opponent making a mistake. The more careless the better.

Everyone makes mistakes in boxing. Only the best fighters can take advantage to win a fight on them though. Marquez took advantage when nearly every single other opponent Pac had ever faced couldn't. Simple and real as that mate. Don't downplay it.

All of Marquez' other fights against Pac should be moral 'wins' for him if you thought like that, because Pac only took advantage of a few careless mistakes by Marquez to get some knock down, otherwise Marquez dominated the rounds. Moral victory!!

Doesn't work that way though does it?
        Last edited by BennyST; 12-11-2012, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
          Not me.

He may have lost the first round since it was more of a feeling out round.The second was even, the 3rd he won big by putting Pacquiao on his ass.
          The fourth was even. The fifth Pacquiao took it by that fluke knockdown, still JMM never stopped fighting back. The sixth, Pacquiao was taking it until he got knocked out by that perfect timed overhand right counter by JMM.
          Boxing is scored on a 10-point must system therefore you can't have even rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
            1. Pac
            2. Pac
            3. JMM 10-8
            4. JMM
            5. Pac 10-8
            6. Pac til the ko

However, I'm not buying the point that Pac got caught because he got reckless.IMO, JMM took a step back, timed Manny's rhythm and caught him with one of the best punches that I've seen land on anyone.

In fact, the most careless/reckless I saw Pac was towards the end of the 5th with about 40 seconds left, right after he hurt JMM with a right. He was flailing punches and getting real anxious til JMM survived. The end of the 6th wasn't as bad as people are making it seem

I'd say it was a combination of Pacs recklessness and Marquez's perfectly timed counter punch.

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
              1. Pac
              2. Pac
              3. JMM 10-8
              4. JMM
              5. Pac 10-8
              6. Pac til the ko

However, I'm not buying the point that Pac got caught because he got reckless. IMO, JMM took a step back, timed Manny's rhythm and caught him with one of the best punches that I've seen land on anyone.

Very, very true.

You could see half way through it, Pac suddenly get a hold of himself and pull right back to rethink because he knew he was way open. The last sequence was a common combination of Pac's used about 9000 times in every fight, and many times in this fight before the KO. Marquez took advantage where everyone else couldn't.

Comment

1. Pacquiao
                2. Pacquiao
                3. Marquez + 1 for KO
                4. Marquez
                5. Pacquiao + 1 for KO
                6. Pacquiao until getting KO'd

Comment

Originally posted by mannyman View Post
                  I'd say it was a combination of Pacs recklessness and Marquez's perfectly timed counter punch.
                  To me he wasn't reckless. He was getting his rhythm and timing down with his favorite combo and JMM timed it down perfectly.

Go look at the last minute of the 5th. Manny was reaching, careless and looking a little to anxious to end it there.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                    Very, very true.

You could see half way through it, Pac suddenly get a hold of himself and pull right back to rethink because he knew he was way open. The last sequence was a common combination of Pac's used about 9000 times in every fight, and many times in this fight before the KO. Marquez took advantage where everyone else couldn't.
                    Exactly. JMM also slipped to the opposite direction instead of leaning to his right like he was doing for most of the fight

Comment

What I know is that pac lost by a devastating knock out in the 6th round, it doesn't matter whether he won all the rounds before that. That atomic bomb punch from hell is all that matters in that fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X