Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kessler-Froch II Master Thread. Post here. DO NOT make new threads.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I'm torn on who to root for. I've always respected Kessler as a fighter and good sportsman in and out of the ring. He's done Denmark proud as a top smw fighter for many years.

Carl Froch on the other hand, is arguably at the peak of his career and he looked steller in his last two performances. I think Froch is the only smw is the world, at the moment, that has a chance to beat Andre Ward. For a potential fight with Ward to happen, he must get past Kessler first, and look good doing so.

...I wouldn't mind seeing Kessler KO the brash and arrogant talking Froch though....

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
        I'm torn on who to root for. I've always respected Kessler as a fighter and good sportsman in and out of the ring. He's done Denmark proud as a top smw fighter for many years.

Carl Froch on the other hand, is arguably at the peak of his career and he looked steller in his last two performances. I think Froch is the only smw is the world, at the moment, that has a chance to beat Andre Ward. For a potential fight with Ward to happen, he must get past Kessler first, and look good doing so.

...I wouldn't mind seeing Kessler KO the brash and arrogant talking Froch though....
        Ward recently said Kessler was his toughest fight and his most difficult matchup. I think Froch's style is made for Ward. Kessler is a little more fluid and in a fair fight, could cause Ward more problems than what he did in their first fight. Especially if Ward comes out of Cali.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          ^^ I agree with this totally. his balance was also not the best in those fights.

He seemed much more measured, particularly against Magee. If he can take that into the Froch fight, he wins imo.
          Watching the first fight in the arena in Herning, it appeared as if Kesslers hook always landed the few times he threw it. That punch has improved since their last fight.

Same with the bodywork. Froch was crying because of the bodyshots last time and since then kesslers bodywork has become even better.

What bothers me, as a Kessler fan, is that his defense seems to have deteriorated to make room for a much more aggressive approach.

Comment

What are the strengths and weaknesses of Carl Froch and Mikkel Kessler ? Another question is why isn't anyone checking for this fight ?

Comment

i liked Kessler when the fight was announced but now I am leaning towards Froch by KO

Comment

I'm taking Froch by decision.

Should be a hell of a fight.

Comment

Going with Froch by UD, really not that comfortable with it though.

Comment

Can't wait! Hoping for a Froch KO or UD, but fear the body shots might hand Kessler the W.

Comment

This should be a great fight although I havent seen kessler fight in a long time the last I heard about him his eye was really ****ed up and he was going to retire

Comment

Working...
                      X