Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kessler-Froch II Master Thread. Post here. DO NOT make new threads.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    Yes.

I scored by rounds. It felt kinda odd as I felt Froch deserved the win, but he wasn't up on my card.
    Froch clearly won this fight. I came away with a lot of respect for both guys. A true battle of wills.

Comment

• I had it 116-112 for Froch, he clearly won it. If Kessler wanted to win he had to be more busy, Froch was busy and landing shots, Kessler landed some hard shots but were not enough to get the win on my card. I don't think there is a need for a third fight as I believe Froch would come away with a win even more decisively if there ever was another fight. I wanted Kessler to win but, Froch was too active, thus getting the win.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxingbrain28 View Post
        I had it 116-112 for Froch, he clearly won it. If Kessler wanted to win he had to be more busy, Froch was busy and landing shots, Kessler landed some hard shots but were not enough to get the win on my card. I don't think there is a need for a third fight as I believe Froch would come away with a win even more decisively if there ever was another fight. I wanted Kessler to win but, Froch was too active, thus getting the win.
        How did you score round 9?

I thought Kessler won decisively.

Nobody else gave that round for Kessler.

Comment

• Really good fight! Love the crowd! Wish us Americans were as amped!

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            Yes.

I scored by rounds. It felt kinda odd as I felt Froch deserved the win, but he wasn't up on my card.
            Seriously?

Come on,you are a great poster don't fall into fanboy shit,Froch clearly won,you could make an argument for 7-5 (like you could in the first fight,which you kept ****ing on about) but thats it,the better man won on the night,both guys are warriors,its thats simple

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Demon View Post
              Seriously?

Come on,you are a great poster don't fall into fanboy shit,Froch clearly won,you could make an argument for 7-5 (like you could in the first fight,which you kept ****ing on about) but thats it,the better man won on the night,both guys are warriors,its thats simple
              I too had it close.

Round 1: 10-10 (Draw)
              Round 2: 10-09 (Froch)
              Round 3: 10-09 (Froch)
              Round 4: 10-09 (Froch)
              Round 5: 10-09 (Kessler)
              Round 6: 10-09 (Kessler)
              Round 7: 10-09 (Froch)
              Round 8: 10-09 (Froch)
              Round 9: 10-09 (Kessler)
              Round 10: 10-09 (Kessler)
              Round 11: 10-09 (Kessler)
              Round 12: 10-09 (Froch)

115-114 Froch.

Comment

• Originally posted by nikosvault View Post
                I too had it close.

Round 1: 10-10 (Draw)
                Round 2: 10-09 (Froch)
                Round 3: 10-09 (Froch)
                Round 4: 10-09 (Froch)
                Round 5: 10-09 (Kessler)
                Round 6: 10-09 (Kessler)
                Round 7: 10-09 (Froch)
                Round 8: 10-09 (Froch)
                Round 9: 10-09 (Kessler)
                Round 10: 10-09 (Kessler)
                Round 11: 10-09 (Kessler)
                Round 12: 10-09 (Froch)

115-114 Froch.
                I had it 116-113,i thought it was close but clear,much like the first fight in Kessler's favour

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Demon View Post
                  I had it 116-113,i thought it was close but clear,much like the first fight in Kessler's favour
                  I agree.

But I don't get the reaction to round 9 and 10 from most ring experts.

Especially round 9.

Comment

• I had it surprisingly close on my card, despite feeling Froch won it clearly.

Anyway, I had it 115/113. It really looked to me as if Kessler is all but done. His legs were terrible in this fight. They looked stiff and weak much of the time while his combination punching seemed to be nowhere.

I can't help but feel that with only 13 rounds in 3 years, constant injuries and well over twice the amount of time as a champion that Froch has had, Kesslers time is up. He put up a good fight, but the Kessler of 5/6/7 years ago would have beaten Froch pretty clearly.

Whether he retires or not? I don't think there's much he can do otherwise. Maybe go up to 175 and win a title there. Shouldn't be too hard considering the division. Even a past it Kessler should win a title there pretty easy. I don't think there is anything left to prove though. He's really only properly lost to Calzaghe and Ward, clearly two of the greats of the division and split a pair with Froch despite ageing.

Great fight, great fighters.

Comment

• Originally posted by nikosvault View Post
                      I agree.

But I don't get the reaction to round 9 and 10 from most ring experts.

Especially round 9.
                      No i agree and see what you're saying

I was watching it in the pub and vould hear the commentary where they were saying that was a 50/50 round etc,when i thought Kessler had clearly done enough to edge it

But hey man its all subjective,the fight was close

Comment

Working...
                      X