Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch: Only Sensible Fight Out There For Me is Kessler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ward is the champion and he calls the shots. He is under no obligation to defend the belt in Denmark.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Ward is the champion and he calls the shots. He is under no obligation to defend the belt in Denmark.
      Yeah. He could end up vacating instead and be deservedly ridiculed if he does so.

Comment

I agree with you 100% and not like its the BS of Sven Ottke fighting in Germany.

Comment

I agree with you, but we are not talking about obligation here. We're talking about a fighter whom you all praise to be the biggest gift to boxing and humanity, but in my mind you can only claim to be the best and expect to be regarded as the best, if you have made a strong case for yourself. Ward has done so at home, but he needs to do so away from home against very strong opposition, if he truely wants to be called the best (IMHO).

Now you're just thinking that I'm your average kessler fanboy and my opinion doesn't count because of it, but I actually think that Kessler KO's Ward if they meet n Copenhagen in 2013. Luckily for me I wouldn't care too much if he lost to Ward, because there is no shame in losing to the greatest athlete and boxer since the beginning of time and to the Son of God.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
            In fairness to Ward he did fight Froch in Atlantic City and he is the recognized top fighter in the division. Therefore I believe he has earned the right to call the shots.
            Atlantic City is still him fighting in his home country, while Froch had to travel half way around the world.

More importantly, when Kessler was the man in the division and Ward was still a virtual unknown, Kessler had to travel to Oakland. It hardly seems fair that Ward should get to call the location now that he's in prime position when Kessler wasn't allowed to do the very same thing.

I like Ward, but if a Kessler rematch is to happen, it shouldn't be in the US IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by nÔÔb_out_king View Post
              I agree with you, but we are not talking about obligation here. We're talking about a fighter whom you all praise to be the biggest gift to boxing and humanity, but in my mind you can only claim to be the best and expect to be regarded as the best, if you have made a strong case for yourself. Ward has done so at home, but he needs to do so away from home against very strong opposition, if he truely wants to be called the best (IMHO).

Now you're just thinking that I'm your average kessler fanboy and my opinion doesn't count because of it, but I actually think that Kessler KO's Ward if they meet n Copenhagen in 2013. Luckily for me I wouldn't care too much if he lost to Ward, because there is no shame in losing to the greatest athlete and boxer since the beginning of time and to the Son of God.
              Ward has shown that he is so much better than his competition that I feel as if he was to fight on his own front porch he still would be considered one of the very best.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                Atlantic City is still him fighting in his home country, while Froch had to travel half way around the world.

More importantly, when Kessler was the man in the division and Ward was still a virtual unknown, Kessler had to travel to Oakland. It hardly seems fair that Ward should get to call the location now that he's in prime position when Kessler wasn't allowed to do the very same thing.

I like Ward, but if a Kessler rematch is to happen, it shouldn't be in the US IMO.
                Ward was just as far from his hometown as Froch was and he didn't need a hometown decision to win the fight. And when someone steps up and kicks his a$$ than they can call the shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
                  Ward was just as far from his hometown as Froch was and he didn't need a hometown decision to win the fight. And when someone steps up and kicks his a$$ than they can call the shots.
                  It's his home country, it's still an advantage. Seing as they were both champs it didn't bother me too much.

That doesn't excuse the Kessler situation though. Kessler was the champ, Ward was still virtually unknown and Kessler had to go to Ward's hometown...that's just not right. Kessler was/is the bigger draw, was the main attraction at that time, had the belt....he didn't get to call the shots, seems hypocritical that the other guy can now do that.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                    It's his home country, it's still an advantage. Seing as they were both champs it didn't bother me too much.

That doesn't excuse the Kessler situation though. Kessler was the champ, Ward was still virtually unknown and Kessler had to go to Ward's hometown...that's just not right. Kessler was/is the bigger draw, was the main attraction at that time, had the belt....he didn't get to call the shots, seems hypocritical that the other guy can now do that.
                    You made the statement that Froch had to travel half way around the world to get to the East coast. As if he was coming from the far reaches of Inner Mongolia. When in fact Froch may have had to travel only a few hundred more miles as compared to Ward to get to Atlantic City. As far as Kessler is concerned, and I am a fan of his. The last time I saw him fight he looked to be a grown man. And I am sure no one twisted his arm or threatened him in anyway to go to Oakland to fight. I will also say it again and again and again. It is not as if Ward is getting hometown decisions. Like, who can I use as an example? As Froch did against Dirrell. That was a horrible decision and I am in no way a fan of Dirrell.

Comment

Caution 2 slow Caucasians old and past their prime alert.

Two slow average fighters in Froch and Kessler want to avoid the great Ward and fight each other in an even bout. Typical reaction of 2 scared men knowing who their master really is-ANDRE WARD

Comment

Working...
                      X